𝟏𝟑

a/n: charlotte's outfit is the same as last chapter

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ━═☆

Although Charlotte would hate to admit it, Elena and Stefan's arrival with Matt did save the day and her. She was quite uncomfortable to be around Stefan again but she brushed it off, convincing herself that the more she is in his presence, all the pain would go numb and she would feel like herself again.

"So, Matt, how do you like working here?" Elena started, opening up a small talk as Serena pulled out her phone to chat with a few friends until the small talk starters were over. Charlotte, though, was quite interested to know about the boy courting her new friend.

"It's not that bad. The wait staff is pretty good and they can't keep a bartender to save their lives," Matt chuckled, pausing as he revealed, "I actually put my mom up for a job."

"How has that been? Having Kelly back?" Elena smiled, asking him.

"You know, same old Kelly. She's trying, sort of," Matt shrugged his shoulders, answering nonchalantly.

Elena looked from Stefan to Charlotte as she revealed, "Kelly and my mom were best friends growing up. That's how Matt and I first met, we shared a crib together."

"You're kidding?" Stefan chuckled.

"No, we have known each other our whole lives," Matt confirmed as he looks to Elena, both sharing a few sentimental looks as Caroline sighed, looking visibly uncomfortable.

Instinctively, Charlotte's hand reached out for Caroline's, squeezing it in reassurance, it was almost a natural reaction. She was so used to do such things when Angelina got annoyed or stressed by any scene, it made her feel better and know that someone's there for her, and much like Angelina, the small action did calm Caroline's nerves a bit as she smiled at Charlotte gratefully.

Upon hearing loud noises from the bar, everyone turned their heads and watched Damon, Kelly, and Jenna drinking together, as Matt shook his head, "You got to be kidding me."

Charlotte unintentionally shook her head, looking at her fingers. She truly pitied Matt for having such a mother, according to Caroline, Matt's mother was never really for him or his sister and suddenly she just showed up to ruin his relationships and embarrass him.