𝟕𝟓

a/n: Char's outfit for the chapter is above!

uh, some tissues? just in case.

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄━═☆

"Wake up, it's your birthday!" Charlotte rolled over, shutting her alarm off.

Not the time. Definitely not the time to turn 19 in her own eyes or in other words, 163 years old. Yet to everyone, she would still look the same 17-year-old Charlotte Bernard. Not a day past that. The blessing and the curse of being a vampire.

She took the bed covers off, stepping out of bed. Lina and Angie were out of town last time she checked, some old business with Angie, and Lina tagged along because she had nothing better to do so even if Charlotte wanted to celebrate the day, it wouldn't work.

She swung her bedroom door open, jumping up in surprise when a balloon popped out, "Happy Birthday!"

Charlotte shoved the two inside her room, shushing them before quietly closing her door and pulling in the bunch of balloons they brought with them.

"Way to blow off my excitement, Charlotte," Lina folded her arms together, huffing out.

Angelina raised an eyebrow, "What happened? We left you in a better mood."

The Bernard girl picked up all the balloons and shoved them way back in her closet, hiding any trace of what had just happened as she answered, "Right now is really not the right time to celebrate."

"Who cares? There is never a right time for anything!"

Charlotte shook her head at Lina, claiming, "Well, now would be very bad timing. Kol compelled Damon to kill Jeremy and now we have Damon locked downstairs which means soon enough, Kol will strike again."

Angelina raised her eyebrows, questioning, "Who is Jeremy and how is his death a problem?"

Lina shrugged, answering nonchalantly, "He is Elena's little brother, very annoying but nothing compared to our doppelganger friend and no one would miss him."

"I would," Charlotte responded almost immediately before dismissing it and pulling out something to wear, "But that doesn't matter because he is not dying. Okay, we have this under control. All I need is your support."