𝟖𝟎

a/n: Lottie's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘━═☆

"New York? Are you kidding me?" Charlotte scoffed out, leaving Damon on speaker as she tried to clean the mess of last night's party, "She tries to kill Caroline's mom and you take her to freaking New York?"

Knowing him, she guessed Damon Salvatore was rolling his eyes at her as he replied with no care in the world, "And that tone is the reason I didn't pick up the phone the first thirty-two times you called."

"You seriously need to change that voicemail," Charlotte guessed he wasn't speaking to her with Elena next to him so she asked, "And where is she now?"

"I won't. And she is out, exploring," He drawled out, adding, "Maybe she's eating a hot dog...vendor."

"Way to go, Damon," She sucked in a deep breath, shaking her head, "How is this fixing our problem again? What happened to you finding Katherine?"

"Relax, little Char," Damon assured as the brunette wrinkled her nose, knowing that he was trying to take her attention off a mess he made every time he used that nickname, "This little joyride is actually a cure hunt."

She picked up her phone, closing the speaker and resting it between her shoulder and ear as he continued, "That vampire that Katherine sent after Hayley was a friend of mine. He lived in the city. Will got vampires fake identities, and I'm sure that Katherine was one of his clients."

"Something tells me Elena doesn't know about this cure hunt."

There was a bit of shuffling in the background before he responded, "Yeah...I didn't tell her."

Charlotte pursed her lips together, "You do realize that if she finds out you are still looking for it, she will just bolt out of there, right?"

"I'm aware of that, Charlotte," He sighed, claiming foolishly, "What I'm hoping is that she's gonna be so wasted on booze and blood that she won't even think about it."

"Well, I hope you realize how stupid that is," Charlotte huffed out, picking up a trash bag, "You can't handle her. She will trick you, and trust me, you will fall for it."

"I won't."

"Oh, you will, it's called being hopelessly in love with someone, Damon."