𝟓𝟕

a/n: Cherry's outfit for the chapter is on the left and dress for the Mikaelson Ball is on the right!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍━═☆

It was nighttime. Charlotte had remained with Caroline as the blonde tried to avert the conversation so it wouldn't have to do with her father that died a few hours ago, "So, where were you all day?"

Charlotte folded her arms together, resting her head on the bed's headboard, "I was with...someone."

"Like...a date?"

"No, no, of course not," She shook her head, brushing it off quickly before realizing that if it wasn't a date then what was it? It couldn't have been a friend's hangout, "Well, it kind of was but no labels. Did we kiss? Yes, and we made out, actually but that was it, you know...nothing else."

Caroline shook her head, a small smile making its way onto her face as she asked, "Yeah, sure...Charlotte Bernard stepping out of her comfort zone and you wanna call it nothing? Girl, no."

"Who was it?"

She rubbed the back of her neck, blurting out, "Kol. It was Kol," Noticing the blonde's raised eyebrows, Charlotte defended, "He is actually very nice and supportive. He is cute and he makes me laugh...and I miss that. I miss being happy. I haven't been in a while."

Caroline wasn't questioning it further as she realized how relaxed and happy Charlotte was, just by talking about him, "Well, I definitely need to see him so that he would know I approve, so long as he doesn't hurt you."

"Wait...so you aren't mad? Because he is Klaus' brother? Also known as, one of the bad guys?"

The blonde vampire reached over, squeezing her friend's hand in reassurance, "Charlotte, you are my friend. Your happiness comes before whatever drama he and his family were involved in." Charlotte mirrored her smile, squeezing her hand back.

✵ ✵ ✵

Serena turned on her kettle, yawning as she pulled the toast out of the fridge. The brunette turned on the television as background noise as she went through the kitchen, pulling her mug out and the peanut butter from one of the cupboards.

If someone had told Serena Bernard a year ago that she would be the typical routine girl who woke up, made breakfast, and started her day fresh. She would have laughed in their face. She wasn't much of a healthy girl with healthy routines.