𝟒𝟒

a/n: Lottie's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑━═☆

Paulina and Stefan stood by the car a few meters back as he asked, "Why didn't you go with him?"

The Gilbert munched on the gummy bears, responding, "Mhm...I am not the off-the-rails bitch who insisted. Plus...I think they won't exactly be pretending that they are a couple."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Stefan narrowed his eyes, turning to her.

Paulina shrugged, opening the car door, "You know, she and Klaus have been getting along pretty well. It's only 'cause her humanity is off, hmm?"

He folded his arms together before Paulina huffed out, "Oh, who am I kidding? Klaus has a type; sweet, short, and smothering...so, if she does turn it back on then I think there won't be much difference."

A woman walked outside the house from the kitchen door, "Rudy!" She whistled, "Rudy. Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you."

She bent down and picked up a toy. When she turned around Klaus and Charlotte suddenly appeared in front of her. The hybrid's arm was wrapped around the brunette's waist as he said, "I'm so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, our, car hmm, our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. Eh, we feel like we've been walking forever yours is the first house we come to so I was just hoping we could use your phone?" Klaus asked, faking an American accent.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" She asked before Charlotte pulled out hers.

"Yeah, battery died. The worst thing to happen on the road."

"Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just wanna use your phone," Klaus chuckled before stating simply.

She sighed, walking inside her house, "Sure."

Klaus asked, standing at the door, "So, can we come in?"

She shook her head, replying bitterly, "No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you."

His face grew dark, dropping the fake accent, "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting."

"I'm from Florida."