𝟎𝟐

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ━═☆

Soulmates. Questionable beings aren't they? The idea of loving someone forever and ever had always fascinated Charlotte, to have someone to hold you through thick and thin, was something magical.

Now to have, rather than think, was much more fortune and magic if anyone had asked Charlotte what's a soulmate to her; her answer would be a name of a green-eyed mesmerizing young Salvatore and vice versa for him.

Stefan and Charlotte were always known as the cliche of cliches, the simplest purest couple to ever live, some envied that and others were ecstatic that Mystic Falls had it's very own Romeo and Juliet, minus the suicide thing.

Paulina looked at her best friend, raising an eyebrow, "What's gotten into you? I mean, the dreamy eyes and all is getting quite boring."

Charlotte glared slightly, before Paulina continued, rolling her eyes, "Just get married already."

"I do not wish to move too fast, he must have many things to do before marriage...," Charlotte sighed, taking a sip of tea as Paulina gave her the most Really? look, she could muster up.

"He isn't fighting with his, much more handsome, brother and his father loves you and can't wait till you two are married. I don't see any signs as to why wait, Cher?" Paulina listed out before asking rhetorically.

Charlotte let out a breath, frowning. She knew that if Stefan purposed she would, of course, accept without a second thought, but maybe he had other plans for the time being and she didn't want to seem like a pushover.

"Ah, nevermind," Paulina brushed off the subject, "It doesn't have a thing to do with me as when you get married, just be happy whenever," She smiled and Charlotte nodded, mirroring the Gilbert girl's smile.

The Gilbert placed down her cup of tea before she grabbed a cookie and started talking, "So, my brother, Jonathan, told me about this poor girl, from Atlanta. Her name is Katherine Pierce, she lost her family in a fire accident."

"Oh dear God, is she okay?" Charlotte questioned with genuine worry for the stranger, one thing she always did was compassion, feeling others' pain was always a Charlotte thing.

Paulina nodded, "Yes, she is fine. My brother said that Guiseppe Salvatore is taking her in," She shook her head before adding, "First nice thing your father-in-law had done."