𝟐𝟔

a/n: charlotte's outfit for this chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ━═☆

"Well, he will get married in time and you will have lots of kittens running around here, don't worry," Serena rolled her eyes, stating as Cassie patted Ginger's head, smiling beamingly at him. The youngest Bernard claimed that they should get another cat so that Ginger won't feel lonely when they were at school but there were a few protests, only from Serena.

"I don't mind," Charlotte shrugged, taking a sip of her orange juice, "The more the merrier."

Serena nudged her, shaking her head as she whispered, "Don't encourage her."

"She is kind of right?"

Serena didn't bother to hide her glare as the doorbell rang, cutting the conversation short. She rose to her feet just as Charlotte did, "Don't worry, I will get it."

"Okay," Charlotte nodded before picking Cassie's backpack, "I put in some snacks for you to eat in the park, yeah?"

"Skittles?"

"And m&m's."

They paused as Serena swung the door open, muttering, "Mom?"

"Hey, honey! I am early, isn't this amazing? And at such a convenient time! I got an email from Carol a week ago stating how Cassie put in my name with yours to volunteer at the Public Park and I just had to be there!" Coralie rambled ahead before embracing her shocked daughter in a tight hug.

"You decided to be a mom out of the blue?"

Coralie shook her head, smiling nonetheless, "C'mon, sweetie, don't say that."

"What do you want me to say that—"

"Mommy!" Serena's response was cut off as Cassie ran up excitedly into her mother's arms, "Yay, I missed you a lot, Mommy!"

Coralie sent Serena a glance before smiling down at Cassie, "I missed you more, honey." Charlotte stood aside by the dining table, wishing the Earth could swallow her whole right now, she had never felt more out of place before Coralie spoke up, "And who are you supposed to be?"