𝟐𝟒

a/n: cher's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ━═☆

After breakfast at the Bernard residence, Charlotte carried Cassie in her arms and led the way upstairs, "Where are you taking me?" She asked.

"To see the newest family member," Charlotte stated, stopping in front of Cassie's room before letting her down, "Go on..."

Cassie seemed unsure as she looked from Charlotte to her bedroom. The brunette girl then shrugged to herself before walking inside, keeping the door open. She looked around the room, failing to find the new family member, "I don't see anything."

"Well, be considerate of the small ones," Charlotte smiled, walking inside before she bent down, picking a ginger-haired cat from the floor, it was just a few inches away from Cassie but said girl didn't bother looking down.

"Oh, My God! It's a cat!"

Charlotte nodded, her smile mirroring Cassie's as she petted the cat's head, turning to her niece, "Serena told me you always wanted one, so I went looking and this morning I got a call from an adoption center."

Cassie smiled beamingly as Charlotte handed her the small ginger-haired cat, "What's it named? Is it a he or a she?"

"It's a he," She answered, crossing her arms as she sat down on her knees to match her niece's height, "And you get to name him."

The littlest Bernard grinned happily, settling the cat on her bed as she furrowed her eyebrows in deep thinking, whilst Charlotte watched in amusement, "Can it be Ginger?"

"For his color? Sure, whatever it is you like, honey."

"No, not just his color," Cassie shook her head, turning to Charlotte with a sad smile on her face, "Ginger was Nana Izzie's favorite color...and she loved cats but she had an allergy, that's why we couldn't keep one."

The vampire nodded before taking Cassie in a small reassuring hug, "I am sorry. It will be fine, Cassie. Remember what you first told me about your Dad?"

Cassie used her knuckles to rub the tears off her face before answering, "That he went up to the sky? Like your parents."

"And what did I tell you about that?"

"That when good people do what they are meant to, they get their gift which is peace," She sighed, answering, "But I really miss her..."