𝟔𝟖

a/n: Lottie's outfit for the chapter is above plus a beige cardigan!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓━═☆

Charlotte crossed her arms over her chest, looking up at Stefan as she took in a deep breath. She walked away from Klaus' deal, it was the right decision. It was for the better but Stefan chose not to walk away from it and in doing so, he messed up.

Compelling Jeremy to forget everything that happened the night before, confirming the cure as a secret between him, Charlotte, Klaus, and Lina. The vampires that were present at the dinner, excluding Rebekah Mikaelson who was currently lying in a box.

"So...not only did you take Klaus' deal...which is just mad," Charlotte took in a deep breath, "You compelled Jeremy. You compelled his memory of yesterday away—"

"I had to, Charlotte, for his own good—"

She cut him off, rising to her feet, "No, don't give me that crap, you know very well that you did it because Klaus insisted it had to be done," Charlotte exhaled sharply, "You did it, despite knowing what it's like to have someone mess with your head."

Stefan shook his head, reminding her, "Charlotte, you wanted the cure and this is the only way we can get it. If it takes siding with Klaus then fine. We will have the cure at the end of it."

"It didn't just take siding with Klaus," Charlotte pursed her lips together, adding, "It takes lying to our friends, tricking them...making shady deals...manipulating people?"

"Rebekah is fine."

"Rebekah trusted you! She told you the location of the sword because she trusted you enough to speak about her feelings and you just didn't care!"

"Look...what exactly is this about? Jeremy? Rebekah? Us? I don't understand."

She rubbed her hands together, answering, "It is about trust. You can't ask me to trust you then go off and do stuff like that...How does that work, huh?"

"I am trying so hard to trust you because I believe that somehow this can work but it shouldn't be this hard to trust you," She fiddled with the ends of her sleeves, "Because if it is then it's not right from the start—"

Stefan cut her off, "No, look, I am not trying to blow this. We just need the cure—"

"Who's we? Elena? She wouldn't risk her brother's life in order to get the cure," Charlotte scoffed out, folding her arms over her chest, "Or do you mean me...I wouldn't go to the lengths you went to for the cure...Somethings are just not worth it."