𝟓𝟗

a/n: Char's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄━═☆

Charlotte didn't know how to say goodbye. She just didn't, on her own, she was a mess of tears at the mere thought of something sad but going through with it was a whole other story. She said goodbye to Elena because she had to. Being placed in the same circumstances again, she would probably run away.

It was hypocritical on her part because she wasn't a fan of people who left without an explanation but Charlotte was done. She had wanted to put herself, and her mental health, first since forever. Now that she had been out of Mystic Falls for a few weeks, she realized that the people around her were the problem, not her.

She was happy, beyond happy even. Charlotte wasn't grounded by choices that would put an end to any of her friendships, she was free on her own terms, ( and Kol Mikaelson was an incredible companion, mind you! ).

"Okay, okay, let's say I do agree to watch that movie, what do I get in return?"

Charlotte raised her eyebrows at his response before replying, "My undying gratitude, of course. Plus, you will love it."

"What's its name, again?" Kol raised an eyebrow, huffing out.

"The Notebook, it's Caroline's favorite movie and mine so we are watching it," She smiled, answering with a beaming smile, "It's...nice, you know?"

He shook his head, claiming, "No, I don't know because you didn't even let me read the summary on the back of it."

Charlotte pursed her lips in a straight line. It was a pretty sad romantic movie and knowing Kol, he was the kind of person to shy away from one but would secretly like it if he ever saw it so she chose not to spoil anything or give out any sort of hints.

"Because...," She started, pausing to make up an excuse as he rolled his eyes and she sat up, finally finding the perfect excuse, "Movie summaries usually spoil the movie and I don't want it spoiled for you."

"Fine, I will just read the interlude thing—"

"No."

"No?"

Charlotte sighed, nodding, "Yeah, no. Just...trust me on this! Please?" She raised an eyebrow, smiling persuasively, "We will play PS write after."