𝟖𝟓

a/n: Charlotte's outfit for the first part of the chapter is on the left and the dress she wears for graduation is on the right (with a graduation gown and cap ofc)!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄━═☆

Over the years, all vampires lost a lot of people they loved and held dearly. It was the price of immortality. Charlotte was a little different though, she didn't have a "over the years", she was rotting in a tomb while all the people she loved presumed her dead. She would do anything to have them back and although she was lucky that not all of them were dead, it hurt the same.

That's why as she stood in front of Kol Mikaelson's unconscious body, she didn't know how to feel. She had to say goodbye and prevent him from seeking revenge because as hurt as she was over losing him, Charlotte wasn't vengeful, and she couldn't let him ruin Elena's last day with her brother no matter what.

Sure, she could stay mad at Elena Gilbert for the rest of their immortal lives but not today or during this absolute miracle.

She watched him patiently as he started to wake up and take in his surroundings, "Good morning. Feeling a little less vengeful?"

"Charlotte."

"Kol," She raised an eyebrow, staring at him warily, "I know how you must be feeling right now, but I just want you to know that—" He cut her off when his body quite literally smashed into hers, pulling her into his arms. She froze in her place. He had been unconscious for a couple of hours, and she ran so many scenarios in her head to be prepared, but that wasn't one of them.

She slowly and hesitantly wrapped her arms around him. Not a word left his mouth or hers as she rested her head against his chest. They couldn't speak. Anything would take them out of this moment, right there when neither of them could process the hell outside.

Part of Charlotte was scared that Kol had gone mad as a side-effect of literal death because that wasn't the Kol who nearly killed Elena last night. That was the getaway Kol, the one she recklessly reached out for when she felt like she had no one and nowhere else to go.

"You are hugging me."

"Yes."

"You just temporarily came back from the dead, and you are hugging me," Charlotte restated, not pulling away from his embrace yet.