𝟎𝟓

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ━═☆

So what was it about evenings that made you pensive and thoughtful? Was it the slightly wafting cold breeze that beckoned you on a journey of soulful serenity? A cornucopia of feelings, emotions and nostalgic charm that reverberated into the mystic beats of a faraway drum.

It was a cold night in Mystic Falls and Charlotte had a hot cup of chocolate in her hand as she looked up at the stars from the Bernard's veranda, wrapped up in a blanket.

Last time it was that cold, she wasn't wrapped in a blanket rather in the arms of the man who broke her heart days ago, they were enjoying the cold breeze in each other's embrace like no other.

"You think that when the comet Jonathan keeps talking about comes, we would be still here? And you know...together?" Charlotte asked Stefan, as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows, rubbing her arm gently, "Where else would we be?"

"I don't know....with other people?" Charlotte shrugged her shoulders as Stefan frowned and turned her around to face him.

"Here, I will promise to never leave you because I will always love you, forever," He held up his shortest finger for a pinky promise as Charlotte giggled before holding up hers.

"I would never want to spend any night without you. Ever. I can't stand the thought of something happening to you. I can't stand the thought of us fighting. I can't stand the thought of you being anything other than eternally happy. With me," Stefan smiled at her as she mirrored his smile and hid her rosy cheeks in his shoulder, leaning in to embrace him before he planted a passionate kiss on her pink lips.

Tears filled her eyes, as the memories hit her harder than the heartbreak itself, broken vows and promises. Was this how her epic love was bound to end?

Charlotte's mother always believed that there were no happy endings, she would tell her children no matter how happy it ends; you will always think back to it and break inside because it is no longer there.

However, Charlotte would always say No. Happy endings exist, peace exists. Good people who do good things, deserve the happiest of endings, but what bad thing had she ever done to deserve such end?

Her mind took her to another moment, a picnic with him, one of her favourite, such a dreamy perfect day it was.

The sun danced through the small leaves of the oak, turning them saffron and dappling the blankets with the ghosts of baby leaves. Charlotte very seriously filled all the glasses with orange juice, so the picnic turned from a very formal affair, all heavy silver, and starched linen, to a child's tea party.