𝟒𝟏

a/n: Charlotte's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄━═☆

Charlotte, Stefan, and Elena were standing in the living room with Elijah as he said, "Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake?" Stefan recalled before stating, "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

Elijah nodded, "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...," He trailed off, finishing, "He'll be a true hybrid."

Charlotte turned around as Damon joined in, suggesting, "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon..."

"Bonnie is a kid, okay? What part of that got lost in translation?" Charlotte sucked in a deep breath as she addressed him, "A witch but still very much a kid. She can't use that much power without dying."

He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, "I'll write her a great eulogy."

"It's not an option, Damon," Elena dismissed, shaking her head.

Stefan turned to Elijah, questioning, "All right, how do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

Stefan started, "The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone," Elijah elaborated, his hands in his pockets, "After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

Elena asked, "And where do I fit into it?"

"The final part of the ritual," He took a wooden box from the shelf, "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death."

Charlotte looked at Elena, noticing how nervous she was getting before she mouthed, you will be okay, right? Elena nodded, taking her rubbing her friend's arm in reassurance.

Elijah opened the box and took a jar from it as Elena said, "And that's where you come in."

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation," He explained shortly.