Chapter 15: Super Fun Happy Night With Zero... NOT!

Start from the beginning

   “Are you OK Kurando?” I asked him feeling quite worried. He shrugged.

   “I’ll be OK I guess. There was so many of them though and it was so sudden.” I laughed.

   “Yes there are, aren’t they? Only because you look like a night class student, that’s all.” I said as we both stood aside to let the night class pass.

   I noticed Shiki at the back of the crowd of students. I also noticed Kaname staring deeply at Kurando. It looked as if he was trying to read him… did he mistaken him for a Vampire like that other Pure Blood?

   I bowed when Shiki passed us slowly. He glanced at Kurando with ‘His’ blank expression. He was like a solemn cloud floating among the stretched out blue sky. The other Vampires were more noticeable but for some reason I took no interest in them.

   Shiki stopped, Rima decided to do so also. She looked somewhat cross at me but looked at Kurando in interest.

   “Yamazaki.” Shiki said and looked at Kurando, studying him slowly. I nodded.

   “This is Kurando Inugami; he’s a new member of the day class.” I turned to him, “Kurando, this is Shiki Senri; he’s from the night class.” Kurando bowed.

   “Very nice to meet you Senri,” Kurando greeted.

   “Hello.” Shiki said with no effort to make friends. I think he caught my interest in Kurando being quite stronger than any other person here. My feelings were quite noticeable, even for Vampires I guess… “See you later, Yamazaki.” He headed off forward now although; Rima stayed and continued to stare at Kurando.

   “Are you sure you’re not in the night class?” Rima asked as her eyes formed in confusion. Kurando chuckled.

   “I am very sure.” He smiled at her. I guess Rima had that same feeling that Kaname had when I saw him looking at Kurando strangely.

   She now looked at me now, “Might I add, be careful around Shiki, Yamazaki.” I tilted my head to one side. Was she trying to scare me or something?

    “What do you mean?” I asked her.

    She sighed and pulled out a packet of chocolate biscuits. “He gets hungry and might find a taste for your neck so here.” She handed me the packet. “Feed him these if he gets strange around you and starts talking about… humans being—yummy.” I swallowed and stepped back. My heart began to race, seriously? Shiki did that?

   “He’s never done it before though, why do you think he’ll do it now?” Rima stared at me.

   “He takes interest in you yes? I once had to satisfy his hunger with bits of these biscuits because he was drooling over Yuuki Cross.” She smiled slightly. “That’s just him though.” She forwarded on to join him. I glanced at Kurando, he was confused.

   “So, are you and Shiki in a relationship or something?” He asked slightly disappointed.

   I laughed, “Um no.” He sighed in relief and went over to stand with Yuuki.

   Zero came to stand next to me, “Ready?”

   I jumped at his presence as I was so deeply in thought I didn’t take notice of him. “Um… for what?”

   “For your training. Stop drooling over that kid and that Vampire for once and be normal.” He walked on toward the woods to one side. I stared at him as he continued on. What did he mean? I’m not that hard to pick out that I have a crush on Shiki and Kurando—am I?”