Chapter 11: Rima's Grudge

Chapter 11:

Rima’s Grudge

NOOOOOOO, I thought as I woke up at 1:00 pm the next day after my first day on the Disciplinary Committee. I was supposed to meet Yuuki in 10 minutes with Yuri and Asuna. It was the weekend and we were going to a Café! I wasn’t going to make it! Dammit!

   I quickly leapt out of bed and grabbed a simple clothes combination of a black leather skirt and a green turtle neck skivvy which was quite fashionable. I jumped into the bathroom and brushed both my hair and teeth and quickly ran out of the Dorm room.   

   As I ran down the path to the small village ahead, I realized I only had 1 minute to get there. My room was a mess as I had no time to clean it before I left and I don’t remember washing out my toothpaste from the sink… I really hope no one goes in there. That would be awkward. I remembered the way Yuuki told me to go as she showed me the map last night. I was relieved I had a good memory and could picture the route.

   Running through the thin street lines and walkways, I was quickly running out of breath. I needed to stop as my lungs were starting to feel quite sore from me gasping for air every second. I was now so close to the Café I didn’t want to!

   “C’mon!” I gasped and continued to run, “Almost! Just a little further!” I came to the Café 2 minutes late; I noticed all three of them in a window seat. I sighed and entered the Café.

   “Hey,” I greeted walking in out of breath and gasping for air. People were beginning to stare. It seemed as if I had asthma.

   “Hi Yuna! Ready to order?” Asuna asked with a grin. I slid in onto the red leather seat next to the window. Yuri passed me a menu and I scanned it up and down.

   “I’m actually not that hungry… don’t know why though.” I admitted pushing the menu out in front of me onto the table. The Café was distinctively three main colours: red, orange and white. It was easily noticed and it suited it quite well. The blinds were all orange and the tables aligned in the same colour but mostly white. The floor was red along with the chairs. Everything was the same, so fascinating.

   “OK, if you don’t want anything that’s your loss.” Asuna said picking up my Menu and passing it to the next waiter who walked by. Such a small Café yet had professional waitresses and waiters on the job. It’s surprising what people will do these days for money. I wonder if it pays well…

   “Are you sure, Yuna? You might be hungry later and the Sundays here are amazing!” Yuuki exclaimed with a massive grin. “I came here with Zero once and ate one… but now they’ve changed this a little. The colours are different and there aren’t any plants anymore. I wonder why they changed it so suddenly.” After hearing Zero’s name I couldn’t help but ask.

   “Hey Yuuki, how is Zero… He’s never a real ‘happy-chappie’ is he? Is he OK? What’s wrong with him?” I asked her, she sighed deeply though and placed her palm on her chin and gazed out the window.

   “I don’t know,” she mumbled, I knew it was a lie though. She knew why he was so anti-social and why he had a grudge against every night class student there was but I would like to know why. Maybe talking about this in front of both Asuna and Yuri wasn’t a good idea. I should wait until my next night on the job.

   I nodded as if I knew exactly what she meant and look at the table anxiously. Zero was a very attractive boy and he seemed to have a nice personality… but his attitude toward the night class students was nothing but. I have no clue what they did to him but I’m going to find out.