Chapter 35: Gothic Princess

Chapter 35:

Gothic Princess

I stared into the window of the fascinating, witch like store; taking little notice of people moving slowly around me to get in and out of the store. I was blocking the entrance somewhat.

   I hesitated and moved out of the way of this old woman who looked as if she had been angry her entire life. “Sorry,” I apologized and moved to another window to stare into.

   She glared and rolled her eyes, sticking her large nose in the air as she walked into the store. A little bell rang on her entrance.

   “Yuna!” Asuna’s voice carried along the small village area. I turned and met her gaze. She looked unpleased.

   “Hi.” I greeted with a grin. “Did you buy that dress?”

   She frowned, “Yes no thanks to you. A lady showed me a mirror and saw it looked good; well, in my eyes at least.”

   “Isn’t that what matters most?” I said putting on a graceful smile and staring deeply into her eyes.

   She hit me over the head, “No, I need other people’s opinions. What if it really does look trashy on me and Ichijo sees?”  

   “He won’t think it’s trashy,” I said rubbing my head, “It’s Ichijo we’re talking about here. He’s not like that at all.”

   Asuna sighed, “I suppose. It’s just you’re so lucky, you know that right? You got Senri to take an interest in you. I think Takuma doesn’t even notice me sometimes. I’m just another ordinary day class student from Cross Academy.”

   You have no idea what kind of luck I have Asuna… No clue at all. Listening to Terra die helplessly not being able to help, Kurando being pulled out of my grasp and taken away to be locked up, this somewhat Dark Wave approaching which I need to help stop… yeah, my luck is absolutely like nobody else’s I’ll give you that.

   I looked down at the footpath. Terra… Kurando… I miss you guys so much.

   “Hey are you OK? Sorry… I guess your luck may not be so lucky with everything you’ve been through. I didn’t mean it like that… if that’s what you’re thinking about; Kurando?” She said solemnly.      

   I nodded; I honestly believe she can read my mind. “Yeah but I’m OK. Missing someone isn’t very bad I guess.” I laughed to myself.

   Asuna studied me for a moment. I stared at her quizzically.

   “What?” I asked.

   “You still love him don’t you?”

   I was taken aback, “Wha-what do you mean? I love Shiki… I can’t love them both.” 

   Asuna frowned, “It’s possible.” She ended.

   I stared at her with my eyes wide open. Do I still love Kurando? After everything… Do I actually?

   She smiled at me, “Do you wanna check out this store though? You looked so intrigued before.” Asuna laughed.

   I grinned wildly, “Yes! It looks so interesting!” I said happily.

   Asuna nodded, “Let’s check it out then.”  

As me and Asuna walked into the store, many things were inside. Asuna found herself gazing upon a fountain where a baby dragon was sitting under the water on a little rock beneath. I fell in love with some gem bracelets which spelled names. Mine wasn’t there but I found Asuna’s name!