Chapter 4: The Day Class

Chapter 4:

The Day Class

   “—and this is why… continued by… so on—” Spoke the information from our teacher which I was not absorbing as I felt like falling asleep. He was so boring.

   “He’s always like that, you get used to it after a while.” Asuna whispered to me as she wrote down some notes which were also surrounded in hearts and IT initials… most likely Ichijo’s initials.

   I started to think about Shiki and I glanced behind me. Zero Kiryu was staring blankly out a window. He caught my gaze with a quizzical look and I quickly looked away as my face turned red of embarrassment. He was very attractive; just like Shiki.

   “Miss Cross, can you please stay awake for this lesson at least?” The teacher said roughly. His voice got deeper and lines grew on his forehead. I cute faced, brown haired girl slowly lifted up her head. She had dark red eyes—similar to Kaname’s.

   “Oh um… so sorry Sensei!” She gasped as a yawn escaped her small mouth. I swear I heard Zero behind me snort.

   I knew he was going to give her a detention so my instincts kicked in immediately. “SENSEI!” I cried and he turned to face me. His face in confusion. I thought about things I could say without actually embarrassing myself. “You made a mistake!” I pointed at the board. He glanced at the board and studied it for a moment.

   “Hmm…” He muttered to himself. Oh great! I’m such a loser, trying to prevent Yuuki from getting a detention. I was always good at doing those sorts of things in my old school. I was the ‘Pretty Saviour’ as they called me. “I suppose I have done so, thank you Miss Yamazaki,” He thanked and waltzed to the black board. A sigh of relief flooded out of Yuuki’s mouth. She was very pleased with my save and she grinned at me. I smiled and nodded in her direction and continued to read the black board trying to figure out what I had, somehow, picked up a mistake on. I laughed as he spelt ‘How’ as ‘Hoe’. Strangely, no one but me picked up on that until the room filled with laughter as he rubbed it out. Shows how many people pay attention to this guy’s class during a lesson.

   After about two minutes later, the bell started ringing and everyone stood up, collected their things and quickly walked out the door. It was recess thank god!

   I packed all my things into my small suit case and turned towards the door, Asuna at my side. I almost ran into Yuuki by accident.

   “Sorry—Yamazaki was it?” Yuuki caught my stare. I smiled at her.

   “Yeah, Yuna. Nice to meet you... Yuuki?” I replied as if I was still learning who she was. She grinned.

   “Yep, hey, thanks for that save.” Yuuki sighed deeply, “I really can’t afford another detention for sleeping in class...”

   A tall figure came to stand next to me but my eyes remained on Yuuki, “Why do you snooze a lot during classes?”

   “She’s from the Disciplinary Committee, she has no choice but to stay up all night on patrol and sleep during class.” I nearly jumped out of my skin as I glanced to see Zero standing right over me. His voice deep and harmful but he didn’t look too threatening.

   “Patrol?” I sounded confused.

   “Most of these girls are basically in love with the night class students. Me and Zero have to keep them as far away from them as possible, it’s our job. Otherwise they’d be chased all day long.” Yuuki explained. I laughed. Zero grunted in an angry tone.

   “I don’t see how they can like those bastards...” Zero mumbled angrily under his breath. He glanced at me, I raised an eyebrow.

   “Excuse me,” he whispered and left the classroom with his head facing the floor.