Chapter 13: The New Member

Chapter 13:

The New Member 

      As I scurried down the hallways of the Academy, I soon arrived at the Headmasters Office—soon realizing I didn’t brush my hair or teeth… dammit.

   I opened the door with a knock and stepped in almost being tumbled over by the Headmasters grasping hug “YUUUUUUNNNNNNAAAAAAA!” He cried as large tears rolled down his face. I seemed surprised to see Kurando in the Office sitting down too. He gave me a little wink but didn’t look too pleased about something. “Something awful has happened!”

   I pushed him off of me, “Really what?” I asked, turning to Zero for an explanation.  Yuuki was also there and she didn’t look too wide awake.

   “Apparently Kurando here was attacked by a Level E Vampire last night. He was out training and it came out of nowhere.” Zero explained in a heavy voice. He didn’t want to be here.

   “What?!” I gasped and ran to his side. “Are you OK?” I was so worried about him I didn’t take in the fact that he now knew about the existence of Vampires.

   “Yes, just a little surprised that’s all. I killed it with my sword and it turned to dust. That’s when I also discovered about the night class students all being Vampires as well.” He replied looking me deeply in the eyes. I was so thankful he wasn’t hurt.

   “Wait, how’d you find out about the night class though?” Yuuki asked rubbing her chin.

   Kurando looked upwards, “This woman, I also believed she was a Vampire, told me about the school. She was surprised when I told her I went there and that I wasn’t a Vampire myself. She could’ve sworn I was a Vampire…” He admitted in a confused state.

   The Headmaster looked somewhat suspicious. “Open your mouth.”

   “What?” Kurando was confused.

   “Vampires have a connection with other Vampires; that is they can tell when another human is actually in disguise. About 98% of the time they instincts never fail them. Bare your fangs if you have them Kurando Inugami.” The Headmaster demanded forcefully.

   Kurando shifted awkwardly in his seat but then soon opened his mouth. He had no fangs. “Kurando isn’t a Vampire.” I said peering into his mouth, “But he does need a breath mint.” I joked. He nudged my arm.

   “Hey,” He said chuckling. I giggled in amusement. “You could use one more than me, did you even brush your teeth this morning?” Crap! I thought, I’ve been caught out!

   “Hush young one and your filthy mouth,” I said formally with a wink. He shook his head in a distasteful way; he most likely thought I was really strange and weird. I feel so bubbly around him though! I don’t know why I feel this comfortable around him, I wondered, I must like him a lot!

   “Yuna, this is no time for jokes. I’m sorry Kurando but we have little choice but to erase your memory.” The Headmaster said in a disappointed expression. Kurando cringed.

   “But I would like to join the Disciplinary Committee! Can I not? If I know the secret and be able to keep it a secret I could work with Yuna… and also those two too.” Kurando suggested. Both Yuuki and Zero frowned. He didn’t even know their names.

   The Headmaster frowned, “Well, you were successful when getting rid of that Level E Vampire earlier I guess…” The Headmaster thought for a moment. I stayed by Kurando’s side.

   “He’ll be able to keep the secret Headmaster Cross! Seriously, you need to have more faith in him! I would trust this boy with my life… well, you know what I mean. I know I’ve only known him for a few hours but yeah whatever.” I said then suddenly thinking about what I said… I sounded so immature. I started to twirl the ends of my hair trying to defuse the tension for myself. Kurando thought it was amusing.