chapter thirty four

Some week in April...

Sophie's POV

Life can change so much in a few months. I was so happy these days. Still privately schooled at the BAU. Playing spring soccer. Seeing Jack everyday. I had a very pregnant mom. A kindergarten rockstar of a little brother. The best dad. Best family.

"Soph! Jack's here!"

Jack. We were having a picnic today. We had soccer early tomorrow so we could hang out last 6. Early bedtimes.

"Hey! Ready for our picnic?"

"Yes! To the backyard we go!"

"So, ready for the games tomorrow?"

"Duh, I love when we have tournaments. How about you? Is your dad gonna go watch?"

"He will if theres no case."

"True."

I picked up a grape and threw it up to catch it with my mouth. After that we started to throw them at each other.

"Wanna go inside and watch a movie? You pick."

"Sure. A Henry appropriate movie?"

"No, he's at Cameron's."

We went inside and my mom was working on a case, my dad not even home.

"Gonna watch a movie?"

"Yup."

"Alright, I gotta run to Emily's house for a second. She has paper work. Be back in thirty."

"Ok mom."

With that she left and we turned on Teen Beach Movie. Jack and I singing and dancing to every word.

"Hey kids, I'm back. Jack, your dad just called, they have a case. Since the roads are a little full because of the big accident he doesn't want you to be driving all the way to your aunts so he asked if you could stay here. So what do you guys want for dinner?"

"YAY! And um, pasta?"

"Of course, what else would you want."

We finished a few more movies before it was about time for dinner. We were waiting for dad to get Henry though. 

"Soph, did you finish your math homework?"

"No, I need to call Uncle Spence. I don't understand it."

"Go upstairs and do it right now so you only focus on soccer tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes and at her. Biggest mistake.

"Sophie."

She looked at me with serious eyes, trying to not embarrass me in front of Jack.

"I'm going."

I said walking up the stairs. Hoping Uncle Spence could help me. I dialed his phone and he answered.

"Hey. Your mom told me. What lesson is it?"

"Logs."

"Those are easy."

After about an hour I finally understood. I thanked him and hung up. I knew they were eating without me and Jack probably felt terrible.

Something was wrong today. I was feeling a little off. I didn't mean to snap at my mom and roll my eyes. I would never. My mom and I rarely fight.

Not even wanting to go downstairs I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in." I groaned, laying on my bed.

It was Jack holding a bowl of pasta and a gatorade.

"Thought you might want to eat. I didn't want to eat without you."

"It's ok. This never happens so it's not like I never eat with them."

"Did you get your homework done?"

"Yeah. Uncle Spence helped a lot. Now please hand over the food. I'm starving."

He laughed as he handed me the bowl of pasta. We laughed and talked on my bedroom floor until my dad came to get Jack to take him home. I would see him tomorrow for soccer anyways. 

"Call me when you get home"

"Of course cutie"

I ran back upstairs and crashed onto my bed. Not even closing the door. Why was I so tired?

After an hour of me doing nothing but staring at the ceiling. My mom walked inside. I think I could feel her presence multiple times before that, I guess she was only gathering her thoughts.

"Can I sit so we can talk?"

"Yes, of course." I sat up. Trying to show I was sorry.

"Are you ok? What's bothering you?"

"To be honest, I dont know what's bothering me and that's what is bothering me."

"And that's ok. You will figure it out eventually. Now, I know its seven and you have to go to bed early, but, Henry wants to watch Hercules."

"I'll be down in five!" I could never say no to Henry and Hercules.

For those five minutes I went through my brain trying to pick out anything that could be wrong. I still had no clue. I just felt awful and sluggish and I knew I wasn't sick.

I ran down and henry shouted to come watch. Henry and I preformed in front of the TV and of course my mom recorded it. I was glad to end the night with some happy family time and soccer motivation. 

Even if I didn't know what was wrong, why am I letting it dictate my mood?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey loves! i'm back! chapters may not come out as fast as they used to but i have some great ideas! don't forget to vote and comment :)