chapter twenty one

Two days later...

Sophie's POV

It was officially one week until Halloween. This morning the BAU didn't have any cases so mom spent the day at home with Henry and I. Henry picked his Halloween costume and so did I. Jack and I were going as Leia and Han Solo from Star Wars and Henry was going to be Batman.

"Kiddos! Sandwiches are ready!" My mom screamed from inside. I grabbed the soccer ball while Henry ran inside.

I sat at the kitchen counter all sweaty adjusting my headband before grabbing the plate of food from my mom.

"I have to go to the doctor really fast for an appointment. Your dad should be home in a few minutes. Soph, watch your brother. Love you guys!"

Another appointment?

"Finish eating and then I'll put a movie on and we can make cupcakes!"

"YAYYYYY!"

We did just that. I put on Hercules and grabbed the box of cupcake mix. Strawberry. Our families favorite.

About thirty minutes later the door opened and Will came into the kitchen.

"Who's making cupcakes?"

"Daddy! SISSY AND I ARE!"

Henry ran and jumped in his arms.

"Woah that's so cool buddy. Soph, where's your mom?"

"Doctor's appointment." I said confused.

He nodded. Henry and I had already eaten some cupcakes.

"How about we go to the park and hang out there and play soccer? I'll have mommy meet us there."

We got ready and headed to the park. On the way there, Henry wouldn't stop rambling about Batman and Halloween and his school party.

The weather was so nice. I was so happy to enjoy my favorite season outside with my family. We set up our picnic blanket and stuff by a tree and Dad set up the cones for our soccer goal. It was him against Henry and I.

My mom came about ten minutes later and joined in. It was girls against boys. Mom and I won. We then sat down and just enjoyed the weather. Mom and I decided to take a walk.

"I already know we have a big case tomorrow. Hotch just let us spend today with out families because it wasn't that urgent."

"Oh... really what's it about?" I looked down. I knew a big case meant they would be gone for at least three days.

"We've been there before. Augusta, Maine. We were so close to catching the guy last time but he just went into hiding."

"Won't he just stop as soon as you guys get there?"

"Well, we think we have more detail. Now enough about the gory case I'm going to have to work on tomorrow. How have you been peanut? Everything good at school? Soccer? Jack? Still talk to Emily everyday? Still hate Anna but love Beth?"

"School is good and I have straight A's. I'm still not ready to go back to real school though."

"You don't have to be."

"Soccer is fun. My friends are so cool and I love texting them and talking to them about stuff that isn't soccer."

"You see that's why you don't really beed to go to school. You're safer."

I nodded.

"Jack and I are great and I'm so happy after all those years he's still my best friend. Yes, I talk to Aunt Em everyday. I love her more than anything. Uncle Spence and I text sometimes but barely call anymore. I'm afraid Anna will answer because you know they moved in together."

"Hey, look at me. He still loves you. You were his best friend first. You're his godchild. I know he loves to hear from you."

"And yes, don't like Anna. LOVE Beth. So glad that Hotch is happy and Jack has some sort of mother figure. She's so sweet and Jack tells me all the time about how much he loves her and how she's perfect for his dad."

"Speaking of Beth and Aaron."

She pointed at the jogging track. Beth and Hotch were running. They noticed us and jogged over. We all said hi and hugged.

"What are you guys doing here on this lovely afternoon?" Beth said. Hotchners and Jareaus have been hanging out recently so we've gotten to know each other pretty well.

"Just walking around. You guys have fun running! See you tomorrow Hotch! See you later Beth!" My mom said while we went our separate ways.

"Let's get back to the Lamontagne boys before they get roudy."

We laughed and walked back to the boys. We drove home and began getting ready for school and work tomorrow.

Around 9, mom and dad tucked Henry in and I read him his story. We had mac and cheese for dinner so I was stuffed. Mom and dad said goodnight early and went into their rooms and I stood in my room pacing for an hour.

Just call him. He wants to hear from you.

No. What if Anna answers?

She wouldn't. She would respect his privacy.

UGH. I dialed the number and someone immediately answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Uncle Spence."

"Hey Sophie! How you been?"

I could hear the joy in his voice.

"Really good! Just checking in. I love you and miss you and I hope you're all safe on your case tomorrow!"

"Thank you kiddo. I'll see you before you go to school. We'll talk more then. Now get some rest. Love you Sophie."

"Love you too."

We hung up and I was happy with myself. I listened to some music and finished some homework before eventually drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hi friends! follow my tik tok @ssasophiejareau for criminal minds pov's that sometimes have to do with this story!