chapter fifteen

Two weeks later...

Sophie's POV

"Hey Jack?"

"Hm?"

"What do you think about chemistry?"

"Not my favorite. Might wanna ask Uncle Spencer about that one."

"Ugh ok."

Thursday after school study sessions. We would actually get a ton of homework done. It was 5:45. Soccer was at six. Jack and I would walk from the office to practice every Tuesday and Thursday.

I was starting to make friends my age. Emersyn and Stella were two girls on my soccer team and they were really nice. We text all the time.

My mom has been away on a case for four days. I miss her like crazy. Hopefully she'll be home today. She had called me earlier and said that they thought they had a lead. Being without her makes me feel unsafe. I mean, I know Will carries a gun. But my mom carries three.

"Hey! Soph... you ok? You kinda zoned out?"

"Yeah, I'm ok. Well, I'll send Uncle Spence the question later. Ready to go to practice?"

"Yeah."

He stood up, grabbing my hand, pulling me up with him. He grabbed my soccer bag and water bottle and we walked to the elevator.

When we got downstairs we checked out with the agents at the front desk and began to walk.

Someone's POV

5:51. Sophie Jareau and Jack Hotchner leave the BAU building alone.

5:57. I approach them.

Sophie's POV

We were turning into the field gates when some guy looked like he was trying to catch up to us. Jack and I walked faster but he eventually caught us. He tapped me on the shoulder.

"Sophie! Haven't seen you in so long! You're so grown up!"

"I'm sorry. I don't know you."

He grabbed my shoulder tighter. Jack dropped his bag. Grabbing his phone to press our emergency button with the BAU in case we were ever in trouble.

"Sir. I said I don't know you. Leave me alone before I get the police involved."

He let go. Rolling his eyes and walking away slowly. I was scared. I think I've seen him before. He walks away before I can get a picture.

Jack pulls me into a hug. Walking into the field he sits me down on the bench and calls my coach over telling her what happened. The coach calls someone over to start practice and she sits next to me. Jack doesn't leave my side.

"Jack, I got it from here. Go to practice."

"I'm not leaving her until she is safe with her dad."

The coach nodded. Standing up and calling my dad. She said he was on his way.

Ten minutes later and my dad was already here. He ran to the field and hugged me. Henry hugged my leg.

"Let's get you home. Thank you Jack. Get home safe buddy. I'll call your aunt."

"Bye Will. Bye Henry. Bye Soph. Call me later."

I nodded before Dad picked up my soccer stuff and we walked to the car. I didn't talk the entire ride. Waiting until Henry couldn't hear.

When we got home, I sat on the couch. Henry went upstairs and Dad sat next to me.