not your fault

TW: mentions of abuse

"why can't i?" hermione asked angrily.
"because!" ron retorted with a wave of his hand.

"because what?!" she asked with a huff.
"just- because!" he shouted.
"what's your problem ron?!"

"you want to go out with another boy- without even telling me- and you ask what's my problem?!"

"why is it such a big deal ron?! it's not like your my boyfriend!" hermione shouted back at him.

ron's face dropped for a second before he turned around.

"well?!" she asked again.

"why do you think i care hermione?" he asked calmly.
"what-"
"why- why do you think i care so much?" he repeated.

"i- what do you mean ron?" she asked, her brows furrowed.
"don't act stupid hermione!" his anger rose again.

hermione's face softened.

"w-what?"she spoke quietly.

"DON'T ACT SO STUPID!" he yelled. he turned around and pointed at her angrily. "WHY DO YOU THINK- THAT I CARE- THAT I CARE WHO YOU GO OUT WITH?!" he took a step towards her.

she shrunk down, taking a step back.

"ron-" she said in a shaky voice.
"WHAT HERMIONE?"his voice rose even louder. "WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? CANT SEEM TO FIND AN ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM?" he took another step, hermione taking one back.

"oh what will the little princess do now huh? she doesn't have an answer awh how sad"he took yet another step, hermione taking another back. she was backed into a table now, trembling. "oh dear what shall she do now? maybe she's not everything everyone thinks- maybe she's not the brightest witch of her age-"

"ron stop it-" her voice was quiet and afraid.

he took another step towards her, closing in on her.

"TELL ME THEN! TELL ME WHY I CARE BECAUSE GOD I DONT KNOW WHY I DO" he swing him arm in the air to emphasise his point.

hermione broke into a sob and shut her eyes, preparing for an impact that never came.

this was when ron felt his heart shatter. his face softened, his arm lowered and his posture loosed. he stepped back.

"shit-" he mumbled as he watched hermione opened her eyes and tears flowed freely out of them.

"fuck no hermione i wasn't- no i wouldn't-" he stuttered, beyond shocked with himself. hermione sobbed heavily, shaking her head.

"hermione i'm so sorry" he said, taking another step towards her before she flinched and he froze. "i'm not- i'm not gonna hurt you mione" he whispered. her sobs quietened but carried on.

"i'm so stupid" he muttered and ran a hand through his hair. "mione i promise- i wasn't gonna touch you"

her sobs were almost completely gone but there was still a small hiccup or two.

"can- can i hug you?" he whispered quietly, careful not to scare her. she looked up with red puffy eyes and shakily nodded.

"i-i'm so- so sorry mione" he mumbled as he reached out and gently grabbed her. his arms wrapped around her comfortably and she sank into his chest, his t-shirt getting wet from her tears.

"it-it wasn't you" she croaked. ron lifted his head from hers to look at her.
"what do you mean?" he spoke carefully.
"it wasn't you- that i- i freaked out about" she muttered, her head still in his chest.

"mione?" he asked after a second.

she lifted her head to look at him now, tears still flowing ever so slightly down her rosy cheeks.

"my- my uncle" she started, her voice cracking. ron's gave softened. "he- he used- he used to" she trailed off before clearing her throat.

"he used to hit me" she spoke in a whisper, almost regretting the words once she saw the pain of ron's face.

"he-he would come home, you know when- when i used to live with him? and my aunt? well that year he would come home every day besides saturday and sunday and he'd- he'd shout and- give out and complain about me, you know, about how lazy or stupid i was-"

ron's heart was shattered by now.

"if i- if i didn't comply to what he wanted- he would hit me- and to- touch" her voice broke and a few more tears spilled, ron swiftly wiping them.

"he would try- try touch my skirt- or my- well- just me" she spoke, shutting her eyes slightly. "if i wouldn't let him- he would get violent and start yelling"

"your aunt?"ron quietly asked. "did she know?"

hermione shook her head.

"she worked on the weekdays, 5-11, it was just a retail place that they lived by- that's why it was only during the week- when she was gone" she wiped away a few tears as a more rolled down.

"i'm so, so sorry hermione" he said with a sigh, pulling her in close again and resting his head on her shoulder.

"it's not your fault- i knew you wouldn't hurt me, you would never"she spoke. "i just kept getting reminded and flashbacks and it was- just stressing me out- i'm sorry"

"no no hermione no- don't- don't apologise for something that wasn't your fault. you were not the cause of your uncles actions, he was cruel and horrible hermione" he shook his head,leaning back to look her in the eyes. "never, ever, blame yourself for that"

"i love you okay, i'm so sorry i made you feel like that" he said softly to her as he gathered her back up in his arms.

"i love you too"she spoke, just above a whisper.

A/N: sorry i haven't posted i'm forever but a lot has changed recently- hopefully i'll be posting a bit more frequently. anyway how have you guys been?

ur awesome.

-T <3