Orange Juice

Hermione was woken up by a bang. She quickly slipped on a t shirt from her bag onto her instead of her small tank top. She walked past Sirius' bedroom where Harry was fast asleep and walked into the kitchen, her wand in her hand in case.

She walked into the kitchen cautiously but stopped in her tracks. Ron was cleaning up some spilled orange juice on the counter.

Hermione smiled a little before walking past him. She grabbed a glass and started pouring herself some orange juice from the open carton. She heard Ron choke on his Orange juice and she quickly turned around.

"Is that my shirt?" He said with his eyes wide.

She quickly looked down and noticed she had grabbed one of Ron's t shirts, it went past her shorts and gave the illusion that she wasn't wearing anything underneath. She quickly pulled it up over her shorts to show him she wasn't just walking around with no trousers on.

"Sorry, I just heard something and threw on a shirt, I'll go change" she said quickly and started walking away.
"No! I mean- no it's fine" he called to her as she walked away. She turned. "It looks good on you" he said a little quieter. She smiled and walked over to the island again. She grabbed her glass of orange juice and sat next to him, their knees touching. Hermione heard him inhale sharply when she touched him, she smiled innocently at him.

"Sorry for waking you by the way" he said after a second. "I stupidly dropped the carton"
"It's okay, I was gonna get up soon anyway" she said, still looking at him. He looked right back at her.
"Really? You looked so peaceful, I didn't think you'd ever get up" he said and then his eyes widened again.
"You watched me sleep?" She said with a laugh.
"No- No oh god this sounds so bad- no I- I um went to go check on you this morning- I just- I dunno I just wanted to make sure you were okay and well- you were asleep- that's all" he quickly stuttered. She smiled at him.
"You're so cute" she said without realising. Her cheeks turned pink and Ron's ears turned the same shade. They sat on comfortable silence, occasionally stealing glances at each other.

"Do you think we'll find them?" Hermione asked. He turned to look at her. She looked back at him. "Do you think we can do it?"

Hermione seemed so vulnerable at this point and Ron felt his heart ache, not truly knowing the answer.

"We will" he said finally. "We just have to keep going"
"Easier said then done" she said quietly. She was the one who was usually telling them that they could do this and they can find and destroy the horcruxes. This time, her hard exterior broke. She couldn't fake her attitude anymore.
"Hermione" Ron said and she looked into his eyes as he reached out to hold her hand. "I know that we don't know if we can do this or not, but we have to try" he said. "We can only hope, but please, don't push yourself too hard Hermione, I know you, I know that you end up pushing yourself to do too much. I know what you're thinking, that we don't have time to have a break, but if you don't stop and relax, you'll end up being too stressed to get anything done. So please just take a break"

Hermione felt a few tears roll down her cheek, she had been bottling all of her emotions up because she wanted to be strong for the boys. She knew that if she was upset, they'd be there to help her, but to her, that was wasting their time. Truth is, the boys were struggling too, but she was there for them. That's why Ron was so upset to hear this, that she was struggling, since she told them constantly that she was okay and she was fine. He knew it was a lie, but the reality fully hit him now. Hunting for horcruxes was much harder than what they expected, although they hadn't really known what to expect. They missed their friends and family and longed to know if they were safe. But they couldn't know, they couldn't risk being caught or else they'd all be killed. It was life or death. And that was their fear, fear of being caught by death eaters or snatchers, and so easily killed. They had to find these horcruxes, they couldn't let anyone else die because of Voldemort.

"I'm here for you" he said and pulled her into his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and let her sob into his shoulder. Hermione felt safe, safer than she's ever felt. Even with the war going on, she knew Ron was there, he would always be there for her, even if he was miles away or in a different country, he was there for her. The same goes for her, she would always be there for Ron, as much as he needed. That was what made them,them.

They knew they needed each other just as much as each other.