expectations

Different Pov from 'cold', same storyline.

As sobs wracked Harry's body, Ginny's heart was breaking.

She sat in her dorm, contemplating whether to go check on Harry or not. She knew Christmas was hard and knew he most likely was upset.

After a few moments, she realised how stupid she was being. It was Harry, of course she's checking on him. She isn't going to leave one of her best friends and half boyfriend crying on Christmas Eve. She stood up and brushed her hair off her shoulder before walking briskly out the door,only one thing on her mind. Harry.

She walked down a few steps and turned a corner or two before she was directly in front of his dorm room door. She raised her fist to knock but stopped when she heard some movement.

The sound was like someone breaking something, and multiple sobs.

Ginny quickly entered, not bothering to knock. The sight she saw tugged at her heart, sending waves of sadness over her body. Seeing Harry in this state was hurting her just as much as it would if she was in his position.

"Harry" she muttered as she approached him quickly. He was sitting on his bed with his head in his hands, trembling immensely. "Harry talk to me"

"I-" He started before he became choke up again. He shook his head aggressively, pursing his lips hard. He let out silent sobs, throwing his head into his hands again. Ginny rubbed circles on his back.

"Harry"

"Look at me" She told him, squatting down in front of him. He lifted his head to be level with hers. "I know," she stated. "I know it's hard and it always will be but Harry I'm here, we're all here, Ron,Hermione,Fred,George- everyone."

"We all love you so so much Harry" She shook her head slightly, tears welling up in her eyes. "You must know that" Her voice broke.

His sobs had weakened and he was now staring deeply at her,tears still streaming down his red face.

"I promise," she continued. "I promise that I'll always be here, even if you don't want me to"

She put her hands on his knees.

"I'm not going anywhere" she whispered to him-voice cracking and tears streaming. He nodded carefully, still looking her in the eyes. Ginny poured her love into her stare, letting him know how much she cherished him. 

"I'm sorry Ginny" He spoke,the first time without breaking down. "I shouldn't have been so- i don't know- upset i guess- i know i have you" Ginny didn't speak, sensing he wasn't finished. "I shouldn't have left Ron and Hermione alone downstairs, they're probably annoyed at me- i- i honestly don't know what to do Ginny" 

Ginny looked at him with her brows furrowed. "What?what do you mean Harry?" 

"I can't keep doing this- every time i break - it's- it's breaking them too Gin" His voice cracked."Every time i lie about being tired- just to get away- i can see them, i can see the way they glance between each other- they know i'm lying and it's hurting them- i shouldn't lie to them, they're my best friends for god's sake" He sounded exasperated. "I can't lie anymore- I just don't know how to stop feeling this way" 

 "Harry" She spoke quietly after a moment. "They are you're best friends, which means they understand. You don't have to lie- you don't have to hide but you don't have to tell them everything either Harry. They know it's hard so they won't push you, you can tell them you need time for yourself without lying, they'll know" 

"Know that you're not expected to be anything other than yourself."

Harry took a moment to take in the words. They seemed to calm him almost completely- he was so used to being expected to be everything his parents were and more, he was expected to be brilliant and smart simply because he was 'the chosen on'. But now, he felt like it was okay to be different from his parents, okay to be himself and himself only.

He smiled at Ginny before placing his lips on hers as almost a thank you. Ginny smiled into the kiss but returned it gratefully.

an: haven't done a hinny one in so long oops!

hopefully you enjoyed this one lol and leave more suggestions because i love hearing all your ideas! i'll be doing a request for the next one so leave your best one here and i'll do yours. I'll try do everyones but some might take a bit longer than others so i hope you understand.

how are you today/tonight? 

-T <3