my hero ~ Romione

AN : it's always going to be third person unless said otherwise.

It had been an amazing night , according to Hermione. Ron and Harry hadn't had as amazing of a night to say the least but that was the least of her worries. She wanted to have fun for once. Forget about exams and studying.

She walked out from the great hall, leaving the blaring music and the last few people dancing. Most had gone to bed. Viktor had gone to get drinks and she was getting some fresh air.

She never expected that someone like Viktor would ask someone like her to the yule ball. She was extremely grateful nevertheless.

She had just sat down on a nearby bench and was waiting for Viktor to come meet her. Everything was going okay , she thought. Nothing had ruined this amazing night.

Hermione heard footsteps behind her and to her delight , Viktor had returned. He smiled and handed Hermione her drink.

"Your drink" he said as she took it from him. "Thank you" she replied softly.

He slowly snaked his hand around her. She shivered, not exactly a good shiver. His hands felt cold and she felt very uncomfortable.

He put his drink down to the ground put his free hand onto her thigh. She looked at his hand and back to him.

"Viktor-" she tried to speak but he quickly shushed her. She tried to move but his grip tightened.

He slid his hand that was on her thigh a little higher.

"Viktor please can y-" she tried to speak again but was cut off. She felt sick.

He slid his hand even higher up her thigh and with his hand that was around her back he moved her closer.

She squirmed and tried to free herself from his painful grip. He lightly chuckled at her struggling.

He slid his hand the furthest his hand could go and Hermione tried to jump up.

"Stop!" She shrieked. Still squirming.

Viktor smirked and with the hand on her back he reached for her dress sleeves. He pulled one down. Revealing Hermione's entire shoulder and collarbone.

"Viktor please stop!"

He didn't stop , he reached for the other sleeve and it tore off her shoulder. Her chest was bare. She yelped.

"STOP IT ! PLEASE STOP!" Hermione screamed, now sobbing.

"Why should I?" He asked her , grinning. "Because she said so" a voice from behind Viktor said.

Hermione peered past Viktor and saw a red head. Ron. She jumped and ran to Ron while Viktor was distracted but her dress fell lower and showed her bra.

Hermione barley noticed, she was petrified as she ran behind Ron and tried to pull her dress but it was no use , it was completely ripped at this stage.

Ron was fuming, his face as red as his hair. He couldn't believe what he'd seen.

"Stay away from her! And I swear if I catch you looking or even thinking about her- you're dead!"

Viktor looked a little scared, not at Ron but about if someone found out about this. What would it mean for his career?

Hermione sobbed into Ron's shoulder and he tried to comfort her while pointing his wand at Viktor.

"Never, I repeat , NEVER come near Hermione again , understood?!"

Hermione had never seen Ron so angry.

"Y-yes" Viktor replies, looking down.

Ron lowered his wand and quickly turned to Hermione. Viktor ran off as soon as Ron lowered his wand.

Ron quickly realised that Hermione's dress had been ripped and that her top had dropped significantly low. He didn't know what to do, she was his best friend after all. Ron's ears turned red as he tried to help Hermione.

Hermione was embarrassed and scared. How could he do that to her, she trusted him. She also realised her bra had been showing and was trying to cover herself when suddenly she felt someone put something over her head.

Her head popped out of the hole of Ron's jumper he had been wearing. Hermione quickly pulled it down and covered herself.

Ron has been left in a tank top. He didn't mind though, Hermione needed it .

They stood in silence for a short time until Hermione spoke.

"Thank you" her voice was quiet and sounded scared. "it's nothing.." Ron replied.
"It is something. I don't know what would have happened .. if you hadn't come here"

"I don't know how much further he would have gone..so really, thank you."

Ron looked down at Hermione's tear stained face. It hurt seeing her like this , he didn't know why but it hurt a lot. He suddenly wrapped his arms around her and she returned the hug.

Hermione looked up at Ron, forever grateful to have him as a friend.

" 'Mione, are you sure you're okay?" Ron quietly asked .

"I will be"She answered. "Thanks to you , my hero"

Ron chuckled slightly and Hermione let out a small laugh. Next of all, they were both laughing.

Hermione knew , in this moment, that Ronald Weasley wasn't just her best friend.

AN: hey so I honestly didn't expect it to be nearly 1000 words long but I actually really enjoyed writing this

Hopefully you enjoyed it and let me know if you have any ideas or any constructive criticism (no hate plz )

- T <3