New

Decided that I won't specify the ship in the name anymore because most if not all of them will be both! Enjoy! :)

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were sitting at the Gryffindor table in the great hall. It was the first night back at hogwarts and they were all as happy as can be. That was, until they spotted an unknown boy their age enter the great hall. He walked in among the first years, though he was much older and taller. He wore the plain hogwarts robes.

"Who's he?" Ginny asked them.
"I dunno but why's he with the first years?" Ron said.
"He must be getting sorted" Hermione stated.
"Oh" Ginny said. Harry looked at Ginny and saw her still looking at the boy. He felt jealous, for absolutely no reason. He didn't like Ginny, of course he didn't! It's Ron's sister, he CAN'T like Ginny. But the problem was, he did like Ginny. He internally slapped himself for even thinking about her. He knew he can't. He shouldn't.

Even as he told himself he couldn't like her, he still felt jealous.

Ron was staring at the boy too. A different stare. Ginny's was curious while Ron's was from intimidation. He felt intimidated yet he hadn't met him. He was tall, probably a little shorter than Ron but still tall. He had dark brown hair and he looked built, you couldn't really tell from his robes but he still did look strong.

Ron glanced at Hermione next to him and she smiled. He felt himself smile back and then she nudged him a little and pointed at the top of the room. He turned his head and Dumbledore was getting up to speak.

"Good evening everyone" he said and everyone looked up at him. He smiled at us all and many of us smiled back. "I hope you all had a great summer, I'm looking forward to hearing what you did. Now, this year we have a new student with us, he will be getting sorted with the first years and I hope you 5th years welcome him, aswell as the rest of you" he said with a smile.

He went back to sit down. Ms Mc Gonagall stood up next. She had a roll of parchment tucked under her arm.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses " She said to the first years, and the new boy.

She stood next to a stool with the sorting hat on it. She rolled out the parchment and started to call out names of the first years.

Everytime someone was sorted into Gryffindor, the Gryffindors would clap and hoot. It made the first years smile and laugh as they sat down, they all experienced this when they were first years so they always did it to the new kids. They knew the rush and excitement and wanted to enhance that feeling, to make them feel welcomed.

Once all the first years were finished being sorted, Ms Mc Gonagall now called out the new boys name.

"Mason Reed" She called out and the boy stepped forward.

She placed the sorting hat on his head and within ten or fifteen seconds, he was sorted.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The sorting hat shouted. The gryffindors clapped and cheered.

Mason smiled and took a seat next to Dean and Seamus. They started chatting and introducing themselves. From down the table, he caught Ginny's eye. She had been looking at him for a second. He smirked and then winked at her. She suddenly felt uncomfortable and quickly adverted her gaze to Harry next to her.

"You alright?" Harry asked when she suddenly turned her head.
"Hmm? Oh yeah of course" she said. "Why wouldn't I be"

He smiled at her then looked up to Dumbledore again.

"Let the feast, begin!" He shouted and plates of food appeared in front of them. Ron quickly snatched bits of everything into his plate while the others laughed at him and then got what they wanted.