Comfort

Hi, I'm back, well maybe- so sorry about random breaks but I'll hopefully be able to upload more, keep leaving your suggestions! They really help give me inspiration.

Also Thank you so much for over 8k reads and over 200 votes!! Crazy! Thank you so much for everything, really didn't expect to get this many people reading, thought I might get a few people reading each one maybe. Just started this for some fun and I'm so grateful for all the sweet comments <3

This one is going to be a bit different from normal so I hope you enjoy. Thank you.

As Harry sat on his old dorm room bed, he thought about everything he's lost.

Remus and Tonks, stuck out like a sore thumb. Teddy Lupin would now grow up without parents, just like Harry. Harry swore to himself he wouldn't let Teddy suffer like he did, he would make Teddy's life good and fun, as much as he could. He thought about how much he was going to miss Lupin , His Advice, his deep conversations, the stories of the memories of his father and his friends as teens. He would miss Tonk's jokes, her clumsiness- as much as it wasn't too appreciated, the fact she could easily cheer you up with just a simple conversation. He would miss them both,deeply.

Harry thought more, his mind going to Fred.

Fred, the name usually brought a smile to Harry's face, now it brought pain and sorrow. Fred always made you laugh, even if you were in the worst mood, he always looked on the bright side, the good things in life and not so bothered on the bad, he would annoy the crap out of you when you were studying or working- just wanting to chat and joke, that was the great thing about him- he didn't care, he didn't care about others thoughts on him, he simply didn't have time for that- he was too busy living his life. Harry thought of George, who would now live life without his partner in crime, his best friend, his brother. His heart ached, thinking of George without Fred. They were a duo, the best duo ever. It was always Fred and George, always. Harry hoped it would stay that way, he couldn't imagine ever forgetting about Fred.

Harry thought once more.

This time, several names popped up in his mind, each one painful for Harry to think about. They all died for the freedom of the wizard of world, so that we could live in peace. They were all brave and admirable, Harry would never forget them.

As he thought again, his mind drifted to things he's gained.

Freedom, he thought. He could no longer be controlled by Voldemort, no longer worry if he will be killed in the next moment, no longer worry about his friends and family dying because of him. Freedom meant that he could live at peace, life safely and happily.

Ginny. Her name stuck out in bold in his mind. He hasn't seen her in months and now he only metres away from her. She sat in the girls common room with Hermione, both girls thinking about the recent events.

Harry decided he needed to see her, talk to her.

As he stood up, Ron looked up from his hands.

"Where are you going?" He asked.
"I need to talk to Ginny" Harry told him with a hint of desperation in his voice. Ron nodded carefully.
"Could you.. ask Hermione to come over?" He quietly asked just before Harry left.
"sure" Harry smiled sadly. He knew that Ron desperately needed her at this moment, the thoughts of Fred overwhelming him.

Harry crosses the hall and went up a few steps. He knocked lightly on the door.

A soft "come in" was heard from inside. He opened the door and stepped in slightly.

"Hi" he said with a small smile.
"Hi" Ginny said in a small voice. Hearing how different she sounds from normal broke Harry's heart, he knew how stressed and upset she must feel.
"Ron wants you" Harry told Hermione and she quickly nodded and walked out, rushing away to Ron's side.

"Ginny" Harry said softly as he approached her, shutting the door behind him.
"What are you doing here?" She asked with as much streaming she could muster at the moment.
"I wanted to talk to you"

"Why?" She asked. "Haven't you gotten over me"

Her words were harsh on Harry's already broken heart. He stepped closer to her and reached out to touch her cheek.

"I could never get over you Ginny. You mean the world to me" he said while gently brushing a piece of hair out of her face. "I'm sorry, for leaving you and not telling you anything but it was the only way to keep you safe" he said and carefully sat next to her.

"I know" her voice broke. "When you told me at the funeral- I wanted to be strong and not cry because I knew you had too. I was okay with it, but it doesn't mean it didn't hurt" she looked up at him. "Some nights I would sit in the common room or my dorm and just think about you, wishing for you to come back,wishing for you to be safe"

"You have no idea how happy that makes me" he sighed lightly before continuing. "I thought you hated me"

"I could never hate you" she smiled sadly.

"You know, I would check the mauraders map, making sure you were there and safe" he mumbled, staring at her angelic face, his eyes trailing slowly to her lips. "I wish we didn't lose those months"

"We can make up for it" she said quietly, staring at his lips too. Slowly, they both leaned in and their lips met. The butterflies erupting in both their stomachs, a feeling they missed terribly. Harry's hand grazed her cheek as they pulled away.

"I missed that" Ginny breathed, putting her forehead on his.
"Me too" he mumbled and wrapped his arms around her. Harry slowly moved back, looking into her eyes.

"Do you want to stay in with Ron and me, Hermione too" Harry asked her, keeping his arms firmly around her.

She nodded and stood up. He did the same and intertwined their fingers.

When they got back to the door, Ron and Hermione were cuddled up together. Ron sitting in the bed with Hermione in between his legs, her head against his chest and his arms wrapped around her waist.

Hermione looked to be asleep, Ron was looking at her lovingly.

"Maybe things won't be so bad" Ginny mumbled as She and Harry slipped into bed. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into his chest, spooning her. He lifted his head to place a soft kiss on her cheek before sinking back down, his head tucked into her hair.

"I love you" he whispered so quietly that only Ginny could hear.

"I know." She smiled with her eyes still shut. "I love you too"

AN: This probably sucks. I'm sorry :(

Also sorry if I don't upload for a while but I'm really trying my best to get oneshots out to you guys!

Anyway leave suggestions or anything in general!

Have an awesome day

-T <3