Sweater

kinda inspired by heather - except not sad just cute and fluffy. quite short but super sweet.

It was the start December, the wind was chilly and noses were red. Ron and Hermione were sitting together in the common room, studying. They sat by the window which was inconveniently open. Hermione had attempted to close it many times but someone else always complained that the room was too stuffy. Hermione being Hermione, left it open, sacrificing her own warmth for someone else's. 

She sat there, silently, and shivered. Ron quickly took notice of this and shut the window, not bothering about anyone else.

Hermione looked up and gave him a grateful smile.

It was only moments before Ron was taking of his sweater and handing it to her. She furrowed her eyebrows slightly as she took it, uncertain of what she was to do with it. He nodded silently towards her. Her mouth opened a small bit as she realised.

"Won't you be cold?" She asked innocently. Ron simply shook his head.

He confirmed. "I don't mind, I just don't want you to be cold"

Her mouth curled into a shy smile as she spoke just above a whisper. "Thank you" Ron returned the smile and found himself getting a warm tingly feeling as she slipped on the sweater. it fell loose on her small figure, hanging almost off her shoulder and bunching up on her lap as she sat cross legged.

He found it hard to study after that, the sight in front of him much more appealing. He'd find him self enchanted by the sight.

He'd watch her face contort slightly as she read something unfamiliar, the way her eyebrows knitted together and her nose scrunched ever so slightly. He'd watch as her hair would brush over her shoulder and she'd push it back, frustrated with her curls. He found it adorable that she was mad at Ron for giving her the sweater, constantly asking him if he was cold and telling him that he was going to freeze, he simply shook him head and smiled warmly at her. He'd watch the way her lips lay slightly parted as she concentrated, the way her eyes would widen when she'd read something unexpected or surprising, the way she moved, the way she talked. He'd watch her every move, completely awestruck at her beauty.

After an hour or so, Ron had completely abandoned studying, now whispering silly jokes to Hermione, simply just to hear her laugh.

"Hey Hermione" He'd start, a smile playing on his lips. "Why was Moody such a bad teacher?" She'd sigh quietly. "I don't know Ronald, why?"

"Because he didn't know how to control his pupils"

Hermione suppressed her laugh as much as she could but eventually let a small giggle out. Ron found himself smiling brightly at her, for hearing her laugh was making that warm feeling much more intense.

She looked up and caught his eye, her smile fading slightly and her face becoming softer. The look she was receiving was different from the others. They were ordinary and common but this- this look was completely unique to any other. It was a look of love. Not friendly love or family love, just pure love. His eyes stared deeply into hers. His stare wasn't just a stare, it was almost like he was speaking to her through it, pouring every ounce of love into it.

Hermione was the first to break it, finding herself suddenly flustered. A smile grew on her lips and she looked back down to her book. She glanced up to Ron again to find him smiling warmly at her, his cheeks rosy.

She looked to her book again and found it completely impossible to study anymore.

an: hey i hope you enjoyed this quick oneshot. i just thought of this while listening to the song and i couldn't not write it soooo here you go lol

send me suggestions if you have any ideas and of course i'll credit you!

don't forget how loved and cherished you are.

-T <3