Shattered ~ no ship

Molly Weasley has been struggling. She was trying to be there for her children in their time of need but desperately needed time to grieve the loss of her son. She cooked every meal, attempting to distract herself but was constantly reminded by everything she saw, from the cushions he exploded as a prank, to the bowl he ate cereal ate of. All of it reminded her of Fred.

Arthur stayed in his shed most days, where he would tinker with muggle artefacts. He constantly offered jobs to his neighbours, to find money for his family. He never got the time to grieve and cry, he wanted to support Molly, by being strong although the pain he felt inside was much greater than any pain he had felt before.

George hadn't eaten in weeks, Molly had tried to help him but was suffering herself. He felt that if Fred couldn't eat, he couldn't eat. He did everything with Fred, they even brushed their teeth together. He couldn't bare look into a mirror, the sight reminded him of Fred, although he never left his mind. He blamed himself for not being there, not saving him. He constantly sobbed until he couldn't possibly cry anymore. He couldn't get dressed, for everything he owned, Fred had a matching set.

Percy had been trying to help Molly with cooking and cleaning, feeling the need to distract himself from the constant thought of what happened to his brother. He tried to be closer to his family, although they all felt as distant as they had ever been. They were always a close family, no matter if they hadn't seen them in weeks or months, the love was the same. Percy had missed this, the loving atmosphere but as soon as he arrived home after the war, it was as if it never existed.

Bill stayed home with his broken family, looking after them all. He would travel between shell cottage and the burrow, checking on his wife every day, he tried to be there for both his families. He needed a distraction, something to ease the pain he felt for his brother.

Charlie flew home, in the hope to spend more time with his family, for he felt guilty for losing out on precious time with his brother. He tried comforting his family, attempting to get them to smile. He knew he had to keep trying, he knew he couldn't lose his family.

Ginny had put on a brave face, as always. She forced herself not to cry, only behind closed doors, much like her father. She would read the letters from him, teasing her about her past boyfriends. She remembered the times she had spent in their shop, testing out products and having fun. She missed that. She sat on her bed and silently sobbed for hours upon hours until she felt nothing at all.

Harry comforted her and the family as best he could but the thought that this was his fault, was still very present in his mind. As much as Ginny and Hermione told him it wasn't his fault, he never believed them. He hadn't spoken to Ron much, he didn't know what to say. He was heartbroken at the sight of the once so happy and loving family, depressed and silent.

Ron lost his appetite and never left his room. He was such a caring person and couldn't face his family. He wanted to be there for his family, but couldn't. He couldn't get the sight of Fred's lifeless body out of his mind. He couldn't stop thinking about how he could have been there. He couldn't handle the emotions he was feeling. He couldn't help but feel that his family was lost.

Hermione occupied herself by reading, she couldn't look at the Weasley's tear stained faces. She comforted Ron at night, when he could cry uncontrollably and blame himself. It seemed she was the only one able to relax him. Harry and her spent some time together, when the family wanted to be alone. They never asked them to leave, they just knew they needed space. The time they spent together was mostly silent, neither could think of something uplifting to talk about when the people they love were heartbroken.

The Weasley family love. That's what they're best at doing except now, they struggled. The lost of Fred hit them all hard but each in different ways.

Molly felt lost.

Arthur felt depressed.

Charlie felt guilty.

Bill felt pressured.

Percy felt detached.

Ron felt hollow.

Ginny felt numb.

George was shattered.

A/N: hi so I know this is completely different from my other oneshots and I know there's no romance or ship in this but I hope you don't mind

It was upsetting to write this, thinking of Fred :( but I like how it turned out and I hope you do too.

I know it's not the best but I just wrote whatever came to me and well this is it

Ps. You're beautiful :)

-T <3