Proud

"Just tell him no!" Ginny told hermione. "He's old enough to do it himself!"
"I know- but every time I say no he gets all annoyed and upset" Hermione insisted.
"I swear to god.." Ginny mumbled and sat up straight. "My brother can piss off and go get someone else to do his homework because you already have piles of homework yourself and you're already under pressure because of the exams so just tell him you can't!"

She let out a breathe and collapsed back into the couch. Hermione sighed.

"I just feel bad" she muttered.
"Look, I know you like him and all but he's gotta understand that you can't do everything for him!"
"I can't tell him though"
"God you're making this such a big deal! Just say you're busy" Ginny said and opened a page of the daily prophet. "Ooh look, There's commentary from the final this Saturday!"

Harry and Ron then walked into the common room.

"Hey" Ron said and sat next to Ginny on the couch.
"Hi" Ginny mumbled, reading over a quidditch article.
"Anything good?" Harry asked as he leaned on the side of the couch, next to Ginny.
"Yeah-" Ginny started but was cut off by Ron.

"Have you finished the introduction yet?" Ron asked Hermione. Hermione snapped.

"No Ronald! I haven't finished it yet!" She said angrily. "You can do it yourself, I have enough to deal with, without your homework too!" She stood up. She walked briskly up the stairs and Ron looked at her as she felt, completely confused.

"I-She said-She- She offered this morning" Ron said, now looking at Harry and Ginny. Harry was a bit confused too, since he had heard Hermione offer to help at breakfast. Ginny just continued reading her newspaper and ignoring him.

"Ginny, what did you say?" Ron asked. By the tone of his voice you could easily tell he was annoyed.
"Nothing, just opened her eyes a bit" she stated, not looking up.
"What do you mean?"
"Just told her that she has enough to do without your homework- simple" she said.
"What did you say Ginny?" Ron said, now getting more angry, thinking that she had upset Hermione.
"Oh calm down!" She said and put down the paper. "Do you even know what she has to deal with?!" She angrily retorted. She stood. When Ron didn't answer, she continued. "She has to study for nearly twice the amount of exams you do, do all her homework in the 2 hours she has everyday before having to help all the professors with different jobs- then have time for dinner- WHICH by the way! She hasn't been eating properly because she doesn't get time! And on top of all that- her parents are considering moving to a different country and taking her away from Hogwarts! So No Ron! She doesn't have time for your shit."

Ron stared at her with wide eyes. Hermione had been going through so much yet she still offered to help him? His heart ached when he took in what Ginny said, taking her away from hogwarts, away from him.

"Why wouldn't she tell me? Or Harry?"
"Because she knows you two will worry, just please go" Ginny said pointing to the stairs. Ron quickly nodded and sped off upstairs.

Ginny flopped back onto the couch and let out a breath.

"She didn't tell me" Harry said suddenly. "She was going through all this, and she didn't tell us" he looked up at Ginny. "She usually told one of us at least, and then the other one a bit later" he continued. "Why was this time any different?"

Ginny looked sympathetically at Harry.

"I should have asked her, I'm so stupid- I should have asked if things were okay- she just seemed so- normal" he sighed.

"Harry it's okay, she didn't even tell me, I walked in on her crying in her dorm- I forced it out of her" Ginny said, sitting up. "I should have noticed too- we all should have- she's just really good at hiding things" she sighed. "She'll be okay ,Harry. Ron's gone to talk to her and she'll be fine"

Harry nodded.

________________________________

"Hermione?" Ron spoke softly. He waited at her dorm room door. He heard shuffling around and then a distraught looking Hermione opened the door. "Oh, Mione, Ik so sorry" he said when he saw her state.
"No it's fine Ron" she said while looking down.
"Ginny told us, how come you didn't tell us?" Ron asked. Hermione took a seat on her bed, inviting Ron in. He sat across from her.

"I didn't want you to worry" she said quietly.
"Hermione please, I worry about you all the time, even if you're perfectly safe- that's just how it is" he said.
"I guess I could say the same" Hermione said and looked up at him.He let himself smile before going back serious.
"Mione, promise me you'll tell me the next time something is going on, I'll be here to help" he said. "I'm always here for you"

"I will" she said. "I know, I know you'll be here because you have been for years- I just- I panicked when my mum told me we might be moving, I didn't tell you because I didn't want to believe it- I just can't believe it- I can't be moving"

"Mione, whatever happens, we'll always be here and we'll write- but look" he said while placing his hand on hers. "We won't need too, you're not getting away from me that easy" he said and grinned. Hermione looked up at him with a small smile.

"Thanks Ron"

"No but seriously- I'm not letting you go, I'll kidnap you and hide you in the attic" Ron joked. Hermione let out a laugh.
"Okay, that's perfectly fine" she giggled. Ron smiled at her, proud he'd managed to cheer her up.

AN:so sorry it took so long to update but I just had some stuff going on and was trying to sort it out, thanks for still being here and commenting and voting. Means a lot.

Also check out my other story!

Anyway hope you enjoyed! Also, in the end Hermione does move obviously haha :)

Have a good day/night!

-T<3