Future

AN: hey! So this is pretty short and I'm sorry but this is dedicated to @AylaBeeSpark ! Thanks for the great idea! Keep suggesting your ideas :)

When Hermione first met Ron, he was just a boy. Just another boy.

That was until he made fun of her, then she thought he was rude and mean.

But then he saved her from the troll, and said that they were friends. That moment made her so incredibly happy,that for once, she had managed to make friends.

Then he sacrificed himself so they get the stone. That's when Hermione knew she had a crush on him.

Throughout the years, that crush fizzled out to mere friendship. But it was only after Ron was jealous of Viktor,that she started to question it.

Her curiosity grew when he was protecting her from Grawp, at least trying too, by telling him to leave her alone.

It was the little things he did, like occasionally complimenting her if she got a charm she had been practicing for a while, or comforting her if she was upset, or even random hugs in the common room.

Ron knew, he knew their relationship had shifted. That's why he continued doing these things, because he knew she liked them. As much as it baffled him that she may like him, he knew there was a chance she did. From lingering glances across the table or touching fingers as they walked, he knew, she knew, they weren't just best friends anymore.

The moment that really made it clear for both of them was one they'd never forget.
________________________________

"Mione, wheres Harry?" Ron asked, looking up from his homework.
"With Ginny" she replied, not looking up from her own work. Ron was silent for a moment.
"I'm not sure how I feel" he stated. Hermione now looked up at Ron.

"What?" She asked softly, her brows furrowed slightly.

"With them- With Harry and Ginny" he replied. Hermione internally let out a breath, she thought he may have been talking about him and her, but no.

"What do you mean?" She asked, looking back at her work carefully.
"It's not that I'm afraid Harry will hurt her, I know he won't, I trust him" he spoke. "I think I'm just jealous?" It came out as more of a question then a statement.

Hermione looked up again. "Jealous?"

He turned his head towards her and their eyes immediately met.

"Why can't we?" he breathed. Hermione knew what he meant, exactly what he meant.
"Ron" she softly said. "We have to be here for Harry" she said, almost regretting the words.

Ron nodded slightly.

"I know" he whispered. "I wish we could"
"Me too" she said sadly.
"Can't we just forget about it?" He said. "Forget about stupid horcruxes and just live a normal life. They're really messing up my plans" he shrugged and looked away.
"Your plans?" She questioned.
"For the future." He sighed slightly as he looked at her again.
"Do you think about the future?" Hermione gently asked.
"Yeah,not too far ahead. Maybe just a few years" he replied,looking fondly at Hermione.

"Ron" she whispered.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"Am I in it? You're future"

"You are"

-T<3