Rainy day ~ Romione

Hermione's pov :

I walked into Ginny's room after breakfast. I noticed the window had been left wide open and my books were soaking wet next to it.

"Ugh Ginny!" I rushed over and started moving my books over to the radiator. I can't believe it, they're all soaking. I was laying them down next to the radiator and a few on it when I noticed there wasn't as many as I had left there. I re counted them and only counted 5 , I left 8 there.

"For gods sake!" I shouted a little to loud. Ron came in and knocked lightly.

"Uh everything okay?" He asked.
"My books are all ruined and some of them are missing!" I yelled and went back to the window seat to look for them.
"How are they ruined?" He walked over next to me.
"They're all soaking , Ginny left the window open" I said. " Don't tell me they're gone out there!" I shouted looking at the window.
"Mione calm down, we'll find them" Ron said and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Sorry, just some of them were muggle books, ones mum and dad gave me and well" I said, my eyes already watering. "I just miss them Ron" I mumbled, wiping my tears.

"I know Mione but you can see them soon, after we kill you know who" he said and grinned.
"Ron, I can't" I said, the tears continued. His grin faded.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"I wiped their memories, they don't know who I am" I said and gave up trying to stop my tears. "I have to keep them safe"
"Oh Mione, I didn't know" he said and engulfed me in a hug. "I'm sorry" he kissed the top of my head and looked at me.

"It's for the best" I said and tried to calm myself. I dried my tears although more were threatening to spill.

I felt another few tears run down my cheek. I was going to wipe them but Ron used his thumb to wipe them away. His touch seemed to calm me.

"It's okay to be upset" he said quietly. I didn't know what to do or say so I just hugged him again.

I heard him laugh a little. I smiled to myself. He put his arms onto my shoulders and neck  and I hugged his chest tightly, He was towering over me at this point.

"Your books!" He said suddenly. I looked up to him without letting go. "Come onnnnn" he said and grabbed my arm. He dragged me out and he started leaping down the stairs. I giggled as he was bounding down the steps. I struggled to keep up with him because of his long legs.

He ran out the door, ignoring mrs Weasley giving out to him for running. He let go of me just before I was leaving the door and I stopped, out of breath and laughing like crazy.

"What are you two doing?!" Mrs Weasley shouted. I couldn't stop laughing.

"Ron!" I shouted as he ran around the garden, searching for my books.
"I got one!" He shouted a tucked one under his arm. I just laughed at him as he scattered around. "Found another!" I heard him yell from the little vegetable patch.

"Ron come in! You're gonna freeze!" I shouted.

"Found it!" He yelled and sprinted back to the house.
"Ron!do not get my house wet! Go to your room and change!" Mrs Weasley yelled at him. I giggled and followed him upstairs, avoiding the puddles he left on each step.

"See," he said as we walked into his room. "I'm always your hero" he said and puffed out his chest and posed jokingly.
"Hmmh" I said. "Thank you though, really" I said as he handed me the destroyed books.
"It's okay" he said as he saw my disappointment. "Mum can fix them, don't worry" he said. "Want a hug?" He said and grinned.
"No! Please no!" I said and dodged him. I giggled as he reached for me again, his clothes dripping water everywhere.

"Fine!ill change, but then I'm getting my hug" he said and started taking off his top. I was shocked that he didn't even hesitate to take it off in front of me.

I tried not to look, but who wouldn't? He had abs! I didn't know he had abs! Quidditch must be treating him well.

He threw on a t shirt before I could get another look and looked at me.

"Mind turning around?" He said.
"Oh! Yeah! of course" I said and turned to look at the door. He changed into some tracksuit bottoms while I wasn't looking.
"Done" he said. I turned around and he opened his arms. "Now my hug please"

He looked and sounded so cute. He was smiling at me with his crooked smile he always did. I smiled back and walked to him.

He put his arms around me and I did the same.

"Why did you want a hug?" I asked, curious to why he was hugging me constantly, I liked it either way.
"Because"
"Because?"

"It's you"