Beautiful ~ Romione

Ron knew he shouldn't feel this way about his best friend. He knew he couldn't think about kissing her. But he couldn't help it.

He was sitting next to her while she was reading. He watched as she flicked the next page quickly, eager to read more.

They were sitting in his room, with Harry and Ginny. They had just came in from being out by the lake all day, it had been hot all day.

Ron's pov:

"Oi Hermione! Get your head out of the book and answer me!" Harry shouted, laughing as Hermione jumped up.
"Sorry! What were you saying?" She asked and put her book down.

I dazed out as they talked. She was so beautiful. I looked at the way her mouth curled slightly when she was talking, the way her eyebrows rose when she was talking about a book , the way she beamed when when she laughed.

She was so beautiful.

I turned my attention back to their conversation.

"I'm going to my room , I'm bored of you guys" Ginny said and started walking out.
"Wait, gin" Harry said and she turned to look at him.
"Can't get enough of me?" She asked and we all laughed.
"God no, I'm glad you're leaving" he said jokingly. She picked up a pillow of the spare bed that Harry was sleeping in and fired it at him. "Sorry!Sorry!" Harry said and tried to dodge the next pillow coming at him while laughing.
"So,what did you want then?" Ginny asked and laughed a little as he struggled to get back on the bed, after he fell off it.
"Was going to ask you did you want to play chess, we never got to finish our game earlier"
"Oh ,yeah okay I'll go get the chess set" she said and walked out, Harry following behind her.

Hermione looked at me.

"Everything okay?" She asked after a second.
"Hmm?"
"You just seem, different" she said."Distracted"
"Oh, em yeah,everything's okay" I replied.

She didn't believe me, but didn't press it.

"I'm going to get changed, I'll be back in a minute." Hermione said after checking the time. I nodded in response.

I got changed as I waited for her. I couldn't get her out of my head. I knew I shouldn't like her, and it was making me like her even more.

I heard some footsteps and turned to see Hermione standing there in a plain light pink t shirt and pink plaid shorts. Her hair was in a little bun at the back.

She's trying to kill me isn't she?

She walked over and sat at the end of my bed.

"What do you want to do?" She asked me.
"I don't mind" I said "You look beautiful" I blurted out, without thinking.
"What?" She asked. She looked shocked.
"Uh- you look beautiful" my voice was lower than before and I looked down quickly.
"I'm in my pyjamas Ron" she said, laughing a little.
"You still look beautiful, you always do. I just wanted to remind you" i said again, without thinking.

I looked up and she was smiling , she was trying to hide it but I clicked tell she was smiling. I wanted to bolt out of there and move to a different country, so I wouldn't have to deal with the embarrassment.

She was staring at me.

"I-I'm sorry" I said quickly and scratched my the back of my neck. "I- uh"