Tabby served them their pancakes and syrup and left to serve the rest of the men, Kingston and Mae ate in awkward silence, only that they kept stealing glances from time to time at each other.

"Change the outfit, my love, I'll be waiting," he said as he finished using the napkin to clean his mouth, before standing up to leave.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

She finally changed to a black dress, "fitting for the occasion", she didn't know what to do with her hair so she left it down and of course, Mae's never been a friend of makeup, hardly does she use it.

She met him already in the car, another different expensive shiny one, sometimes she hated that she didn't know a lot about cars, but this one was quite a beauty.

She sighed as she relaxed on the seat.

"Ready to go?" She heard him ask and she nodded with a smile on her face.

Fifteen minutes into the long drive and Mae had sighed for what seemed like the fifteenth time, as they both listened to piano classics in the car, Kingston also had his mind riled up, he promised he wouldn't be slow and he meant it.

"Mae, can I say something?" He started. He heard a little "hmm" as a reply, a hint that she was already sleepy.

"I want to know more about you, we can't keep living like strangers, really" he felt her shift, sitting up to face him.

"Well let's get to know each other than, let's play a game, twenty questions," she said with a beaming smile.

He faced her and smiled back at her. "Yes let's do that"

"I'll ask first and it has to be the truth, then you'll ask too and I'll have to say the truth no matter what"

He nodded in excitement, still smiling as he took a turn in the road.

"So first of all, why are you driving is today? " She asked with sudden interest.

A little bit confused, he tilted his head with a playful smile on his face. "Well because I want to?" Stating the obvious.

"My turn, why were you always stuttering around me? You'd always have to look somewhere else, or try not to get close, why? Had a little crush on your guardian?" He said with a smirk on.

Mae gasped and that made him chuckle.
"What!? No! No, that's not it!" She defended.

"Oh really? What then?" He teased.
"You're- You're just - I don't know- You're- There's something about you- You make me feel- Weird, and - and somethings you do, I- I don't know, you are just weird" she concluded folding her arms.

"My turn" she started again. "Why and how in God's name do you know some personal things about me?"

He knew what she was talking about and he smiled again, this time a dimple showing out.

"Your mum" he simply stated.
"What? Wow" she didn't know how to feel about her mother telling him such information, she really wasn't ready to buy it.

"My turn, do you have a boyfriend?" He asked with a curious gaze, but oddly covering the seriousness with his jerky smirk.

The little red on her cheeks disappeared, making her turn pale immediately, she remembered what she and her boyfriend or not is going through.

"Well I did- do, I kind of do," she said before sighing.

"Oh boy problems, I'm the best to talk about it to baby" Her eyes broadened at what he just called her, she snapped her head facing his teasing smirk and the wink he threw to her, she blushed again.