Chapter 8

Savannah's POV

I felt Austin pull away from me as his head snapped up to face her quickly, his hand coming up and rubbing the back of his neck as he looked at her.

"Yeah Melo, it's me" he said quietly, not making eye contact with her, his hand squeezing mine tightly.

"What the fuck is going on here!?" she yelled, her voice at an unusually normal octave, tears starting to form in her eyes.

I started to feel sympathetic for her as I saw her eyes darting between the two of us, trying to drink in the situation that was presenting itself before her, but then I wasn't even sure if I should feel guilty. I was under the impression that he was single when we were hooking up at the bar that night, and neither of us really remember what happened so did I in fact have anything to feel guilty for?

"Austin?" she asked him, crossing her arms over her chest and biting her bottom lip in an attempt to stop herself from crying.

"Melo, can we come in and talk with you? Please?" he asked her.

"You can, she can't" she said, staring daggers through me.

"She comes, or we don't talk at all and you get on a plane right now. Don't make this difficult Melo" he said quietly as he pushed passed her, pulling me along with him.

He sat down on the bed and pulled me onto his lap before I quickly got off and sat next to him, my hand still held tightly in his.

"I don't want to rub salt into the wound, baby. I'll be right next to you" I said so only he could hear as I placed a kiss on his cheek.

He nodded silently as she came in and sat on the chair across from the bed, her legs crossed and her arms still defensively placed across her chest.

"Melo, we can't be together anymore. I mean I don't even know what we actually were, but whatever it was we can't be that" Austin said looking at her. I could tell that saying those words to her was killing him. Regardless of what their status was, he hated hurting people's feelings.

"We could be if this bitch never came along. I knew you up to no fucking good!" she said loudly to me.

I did the best I could do to bite my tongue as I moved uncomfortably next to Austin. I was here to support him, not to make his situation worse.

"She didn't do anything Melo. This was all me. So if you are going to be mad at anyone it's me" he said, completely throwing himself to the wolves and taking the blame for the whole thing.

"How could you do this Austin. She's engaged! You're literally dating a slut! Her fiance is at home and she's here with you!" Melo said, her eyes laying heavily on me.

"Yeah about that" he said, his leg starting to shake as I could tell he was becoming more and more anxious as the conversation continued.

"Yes?" she asked with a smirk on her face.

"I'm her fiance and well her husband too" he said looking from her over to me with a smile on his face as he squeezed my hand a little tighter.

The way he reacted to his statement about us made me realize that he didn't regret doing what he was doing in the slightest. He was still happy with his decision even though his former girlfriend was sitting in front of him crying.

"Excuse me!?" she yelled standing up.

"I met Savannah at the club the night after my Vegas show" Austin said.

"And you already fucking marry her!?" she yelled.

"I did and before you say anything it is not a trick, she isn't black mailing me it's real Melo and I've never been happier" he said, his hand running across the top of his head.