Chapter 41

I looked over at Savannah in the passenger seat, her dark black Gucci glasses pulled over her eyes, her hair blowing delicately in the wind from the open window, the sound of the engine echoing off the mountains as I eased around a corner. She turned her face to the bright sunshine as she let out a laugh when I stepped on the gas taking a turn that would typically need to be taken with caution with a steady speed, a smile breaking on my own face as I loved the way this car handled.

I smiled to myself as the road broke into a long stretch of straight road, quickly throwing the car into sixth as we quickly started to approach eighty with ease, a beautiful laugh leaving her as she stuck her hand out the window, letting the breeze weave its way through her fingers as she used her left hand to push the stray pieces of hair out of her face. I couldn't help but smile at her beautiful expression, my eyes leaving the road for just a second to take her in before I started to slow down easing around the corner at a swift fifty before downshifting so I could pull over to the side of the road.

I eased the car into one of the parking spots that were empty before shutting off the engine, several of the people that were getting in and out of their cars from the hike that they completed early this morning starting to point as I knew what was coming. I've only been here a handful of times but the last time I was here to shoot Saint Tropez we had it all to ourselves. She pressed her finger down on the button to roll up the window as she looked over at me.

"This car is so amazing!" she said with a wide smile and laugh as she reached out and grabbed my hand, her right hand pushing her sunglasses on top of her head being no need for them when both of the windows were closed.

"You wanna drive?" I asked, raising my eyebrows, her eyes wide as she started to shake her head quickly. "Okay sweetheart" I laughed before leaning in and placing a sweet kiss on her lips. "Come on, I want to show you my favorite view," I said. Typically I wouldn't even entertain getting out of the car with people around, especially knowing that they knew it was me, but with Savvi none of that mattered.

I quickly pushed open the door, several people coming over to me as I pleasantly greeted them while I walked around to get Savannah out of the car. I pulled open her door, holding my hand out for her with a wide smile as she placed her delicate and perfectly manicured hand into mine allowing me to help her up from the low ride of the car.

She stood in front of me, both of my hands coming up to pull her sunglasses down on her face, my index finger quickly tapping against her nose as she let out a small chuckle as she did the same for me, the both of us having a moment and not even caring that there were several people standing around us.

"You okay sweetheart?" I asked her, my right hand grabbing onto her left as I smiled down at her.

"I am" she smiled at me sweetly, her head turning to look over her right shoulder before turning her attention back towards me. "But please don't ignore your fans baby. I'll be right here" she smiled at me, as she let go of my hand almost telling me that I needed to get over there.

I gave her a quick kiss not even caring if it was caught on camera as I made my way over to a few of the people that had been waiting to see me, posing for pictures and making small talk feeling the happiest and most content I have ever been around them knowing that my solace was only standing a few feet away from me.

"You're such a natural" she laughed as I walked back over to her, grabbing her hand as I started walking to the small trail that led to the first small peak that was high enough to give a good view over the canyon.

"To be honest" I said stopping before I had to break my hold on her hand to make it easily on the narrow trail, "I always used to be really anxious and it always used to show, but since I met you I don't know I feel relaxed and calm when I'm around fans" I said, trying the hardest I could to express to her just how much she helps me and makes me a better version of myself.