52

Roman sat there staring at the two over by the wall and he felt his stomach wanting to heave up the emptiness that was in it. His heart was absolutely shattered. He was thankful that the BITCH had left them alone for a while, saying she didn't want to deal with their taint. Roman didn't care for whatever reason she gave... just as long as she left. He could finally feel himself again. He could think again, and god did he just want to cry. He could feel Colt's anguish as he sat there draped over his mate. His eyes were black but his mind was solely Roman, the alpha in him latching completely on what had happened to give the darkness no chance to pull him under. At least not yet.

"Colt-.."

"Don't." Colt hissed as he heaved his sobs out even louder. "Just don't."

"I'm sorry." Colt's head darted up to see the blackened tears spilling from Roman's pitch eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"Roman?" Roman smiled softly as he slowly slipped himself down to the floor, ignoring Colt's growl, before just holding his hand out.

"I am so sorry, Colt. I... I didn't..." Roman gulped the pain back as the cold bite of the spell tried to pull him back. "I didn't-... d-d-didn't want this. N-Not this. Not... I'm sorry."

"Don't fight her." Colt whimpered as Roman slowly made his way closer to the two. "You can't fight her. Next time... Next time you might not be able to stop."

"This shouldn't have happened." Roman cut in as he stared down at the poor pup in Colt's arms. "He's dead." Colt laughed hoarsely as he nodded.

"His body was too weak to take the impact. He died the second he hit the wall." Roman's tears only fell more as he just crashed. 

"I'm sorry."

"Stop fighting her."

"I can't." Roman growled making Colt frown as Roman shook his head. "I can't just not fight her Colt. I can't take the feeling. The way my body moves on its own. I'm a literal puppet on a string... If I was stronger... If I was strong enough this wouldn't have happened." Colt quickly took Roman's hand with this sad look in his eyes. "This wouldn't have happened."

"It's not your fault."

"Kai's dead. Your mate is dead because he tried to protect me... because I was under her control. It is my fault. I'm sorry. I should've... I should've been stronger." Roman completely crashed as he just stared at the ground in agony. "Kai shouldn't have died and now... Now Emile is..." Roman glanced over to see the elder wolf just sitting there completely dazed out like some mindless doll, sitting on the couch with his eyes pitch black right alongside Roman's. "I brought her here. I..."

"It's not your fault-..."

"I'm supposed to be your alpha!" Roman growled making Colt shift back in shock. Remy just frowned as he sat there beside his puppet's mate lost in everything. "I'm supposed to protect you all... and instead I'm the reason you all are getting hurt."

"Hey!" Colt quickly made Roman look at him as he glared him down with this serious expression. "I was there too, Roman. I've felt that darkness that's surrounding you. I've felt the cold hands biting into me." Roman's eyes fell as Colt's tears only fell harder. "I tortured my pack endlessly because of her and I didn't even know what the hell was going on. It's NOT your fault. It's hers. Now, please... Please stop fighting her?" Colt pulled away as he turned back to the body of his mate with this completely broken expression in his dulled eyes. "I don't think any of us could really handle something else happening right now."

"I..." Roman sighed as he nodded. "I'm sorry." Roman whispered out before letting the black take him over yet again. Colt frowned as he watched Roman's face fall until the man finally looked back up at him with narrowed eyes and he knew the alpha was 'asleep'. "Get rid of the body. I don't care how. Just as long as you do it." He pushed himself up to his feet, snapping his fingers and Emile jumped to attention and followed after making Remy crash with anxiety at the sight of it all.

"Kai what..." Virgil froze up eyes wide as his eyes met with the younger member of his pack. The icy chill rain down his spine as Kai just nodded. "No."

"Hey, Virgil." Kai sighed softly as he held his hand up before waving through a lamp sitting on the nightstand. "Guess you got two ghosts now huh?"

"NO!" Virgil jumped up, tears in his eyes, as Kai slowly made his way over to him. "No. No... How..."

"Willow." Virgil's heart dropped as Kai carefully sat down on the bed. "She was at the house. Ordered Roman to..." The way Kai tensed up only furthered to worsen Virgil's anxiety. "She ordered him to kill Emile." Virgil just froze up, his heart in two, as he collapsed back into the bed. "But he wouldn't do it. He fought her."

"He... He fought her?" Kai nodded, hating how his alpha's voice was just so completely broken.

"Roman did everything he could to not obey her and she got mad. It broke him and... I jumped in to protect him and... well... It didn't end well for me."

"Are they..." Kai shook his head making Virgil crash with relief his tears falling harder as Kai just smiled at him.

"They're not dead. As of right now, Roman and Emile both are under Willows control but... I'm the only one that died."

"Roman's got to be in so much pain... blaming himself... OH MY GOD, COLT!" Virgil's eyes lit up with agony as Kai just sat there with a sad nod. "Colt watched his mate die... unable to help. No... No that... That must have broke him."

"At least we can be together." Kai whispered making Virgil blink a bit. "We're both ghosts... that means we actually can be together... instead of him just watching over me." Virgil sighed softly as he nodded, smiling a bit at the thought. "We just have to save everyone first."

"How are we supposed to do that?" Kai's eyes shined brightly as he smirked and crossed his arms.

"Roman gave us some valuble information before all this went down." Virgil's eyes shot wide as Kai just nodded. "And now you have me to help you. A ghosts greatest gift is the knowlege they gain in death after all." Kai's smirk only grew as his eyes started glowing orange. "Let's go meet your dad."