24

Virgil had woken up not that long after their sort of one-sided conversation. He had on many occasions tried to talk things through with Roman as being told to just 'focus on his own pack' made him feel as if Roman was ending things before he had even begun. However, every time Virgil tried to bring it back up to talk to him... Roman either changed the topic, shut him down, or just ignored him completely until they were left just sitting in silence listening to the radio going in and out until even that was shut off.

"Roman, please..." Virgil frowned watched as Roman tensed up focusing on the road without even glancing over at him. "Roman."

"We're almost back. Do you want to just go to you're place? It's closer."

"Roman! I swear to god." Roman's eyes darkened as Virgil growled quietly. "Ignoring the issue isn't going to fix it."

"There's no issue if there's nothing to cause it." Virgil's heart plummeted as he saw the town's welcoming sign pass by. "Just stop worrying about it, Virgil. There's nothing to worry about anymore."

"What..." Virgil winced as he felt his chest tightly. His wolf seemed to freak out in him wanting nothing more than to grab Roman and never let him go. "What are you saying?"

"If being my mate is that... upsetting for you then... Problem solved." Roman pulled into the driveway, tears in his eyes as he just sat there with this far away look in his eyes. "I'll leave you alone."

"Roman..." Virgil was a verge of a panic as he watched the other unbuckle and toss the key's over.

"I'm going to walk home. I'll be in touch... Remus is still my brother after all." Virgil full-on snapped as Roman started to get out. He wasted no time yanking the belt off, shoving the keys into his pocket, and bolting out of the car. Roman had made it only a few steps when Virgil yelled out. 

"Roman Trebaine, you stop right fucking there." Roman froze on the spot feeling that sudden spark of terror burn through him as his eyes shifted instantly. "Don't you dare just walk away."

"What else do you want, Virgil?" Roman whined as he looked back making Virgil's heart shatter even more. His eyes shined a bright blue making Roman wince a bit at the sudden pressure in his head. Virgil crashed as he felt Roman's pain. He really didn't understand anything about this whole mate thing. He did know he couldn't stand the idea of Roman just leaving him... and the fact that he was in pain to... "I'm going home."

"No." Roman growled as Virgil just shook his head. "No, we need to talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about!" Virgil frowned hearing the front door open and Roman paled slightly seeing Remus and Dee just standing there with a frown. Roman sighed as he turned back to Virgil who was clearly breaking down. "Go, Virge. It's fine. I told you. I'll be ok. You... You don't have to worry."

"Easier said than done." Virgil took a step closer to Roman only to crash as the other stumbled back with this slight look of panic. 

"Don't." Virgil's blood felt like ice rushing through his veins making his body plummet to chilled temperatures just over the look the other had. "You're only trying so hard because of your wolf... I'm sorry. I... I won't hurt you."

"Roman, I've told you many times now. I have never said I didn't want it..."

"But you ALSO never said you did!" Virgil flinched as Roman's eyes flashed his aura flaring, making the other two behind them growl out in warning. Roman's eyes snapped over as he froze and just groaned, raking a hand through his hair. "I can't do this, Virgil. I can't. I can't even be around you. Your scent... I'm sorry. I'm going home."

"ROMAN!" Virgil just stood there watching as the man turned away and just walked off. He felt as Remus and Dee walked over to him. Ray placed a hand onto his back making the alpha break even more.

"Vee?"Remus whimpered slightly as even more tears fell from Virgil's eyes. "What was that about? He... He didn't even say hi or... Roman, he just walked off."

"Remus, I don't think we should push." Dee commented as he lightly nudged Virgil back only to tense at the sudden growl. 

"He isn't fucking leaving me that easily." Virgil's eyes shined a dangerous and deep blue as he bared his fangs. "That bitch doesn't just say what he does and walk off like that. He knows what's going on... I DON'T!" He could see Roman clear as day in his mind. Roman was frozen still eyes wide and shifted as he held his head with a grimace of pain that didn't hide just how scared he was. "You can't just leave me." Roman looked behind him and teared up as he slowly seemed to work through his thoughts. Virgil could hear them. He could hear Roman's internal battle. All he could do was latch onto the one thing kept repeating. "If you don't want to go then don't, dumbass." Remus jumped slightly noticing the blue eyes finally as Dee frowned in concern. Virgil blinked the blue away as making his vision of Roman fade away. "Don't go..." He whispered more to himself.

"Come on, Virgie. I think we should go inside." Remus lulled as he started to pull Virgil away. The alpha just sighed and nodded as he followed along only to freeze at the sudden scent of Lilacs and Lavender. His eyes shot wide as he spun around to see Roman just standing there at the farther down the sidewalk. Dee and Remus both jumped as Virgil ran off super-speed right into Roman's arms, pressing his lips right into Romans, who melted instantly with a deep needy growl.

"V-Virg-ge..." Roman spoke with a breathy tone as Virgil chuckled as just held him close. "I..."

"I want this." Roman smiled as Virgil cuddled into him tightly. "I want this. I do, Roman. I do. I'm scared and confused but I want this. You make me feel safe." Virgil frowned slightly as he pulled away and gently wiped his mates tears away. "We need to talk things through but... I do want this. I'm sorry I never said that but... I don't exactly know what this is. I never will know if you don't tell me."

"I know. I'm sorry. I was just... reeling." Virgil nodded slightly as Roman glanced back to see Remus and Dee just staring at him. Roman smiled as he finally truly looked his brother over. He looks good. He looked far better than that one picture in the yearbook. Dee looked extremely worried but that was understandable. He turned back to Virgil and brushed his hair back with a deep breathtaking in the scent of roses and rain than made his blood boil. Virgil laughed hearing the dazed purr Roman had made and he sighed. 

"Why don't we go inside and talk? Please?" Roman's eyes snapped up with this look of worry and Virgil nodded reassuringly. "It's ok, Ro. I'm giving you permission."

"But... Remus... Dee. Patton said that Remus really shouldn't be around anyone outside of the..."

"Roman, you literally just left and he got upset you didn't even say hello. It's ok. Logan and Patton might cause some problems but... You're his brother. His literal twin." Virgil's eyes narrowed slightly as his anxiety bubbled up. "Don't you want to stay with me a bit longer?"

"Virgil..." Roman gently caressed Virgil's cheek as he hummed lightly and just breathed in their scents. "I am always going to want to be with my mate. I..." Roman's eyes shined as he let out a soft sigh. "I already love you." Virgil's eyes widened as Roman frowned slightly. "I know it might seem soon. It's ok. I'll explain. I promise. I just... I had to say it. At least once."

"Come on, Ro... Let's go inside." Roman stumbled slightly with a laugh as Virgil literally dragged him along. The moment they got to the door Roman froze up at the glare from the other two and smiled sheepishly. 

"H-Hey..." Roman frowned as he met with Remus's eyes who just spun around and walked back inside. Virgil sighed as he shook his head and gestured for Dee to follow him. "He's mad at me. Why is he mad at me? Does he not..."

"Calm yourself, Ro." Virgil mumbled as he gently pulled him into the studio and towards the stairs to the apartment. "He's just concerned and confused. Give him time. Right now you and I have to talk."

"Yeah... yeah we do."