50

Virgil paced about his room, his thoughts racing, as he tried to work through everything. Thomas had a plan. A plan that kept them all safe and Virgil FAR away from Willow. Virgil wouldn't have had a problem with it. It did its job. The plan kept his pack safe and that's all Virgil wanted. His pack safe... No, Virgil would never have thought it wrong in the slightest. There was just one problem...

It kept him away from Roman too. Roman... His parents... and that just wouldn't sit with the darker alpha, not in the slightest. 

His wolf was in agony. His hands were shaking. He needed Roman. He needed to see him. He needed to...

"Virgil?" Virgil's eyes shot open to find himself standing there in his old home. His eyes darted around highly confused about everything, holding his hands up to see them transpartent and unstable. He wasn't actually there. He was still in his room. He just projected? Wait was he using his gift without actually being asleep? "Virge?" Virgil's eyes darted over to see Roman standing there with this confused look in his eyes. Virgil took a deep breath letting his energy strengthin till he was more solid and stable looking before walking a bit closer to the other Alpha. "I'm... confused."

"Hey there, Princey." Roman smirked a bit before whincing and making his eyes flash black. "Don't fight, Love. It's ok. You can't hurt me right now anyway."

"Yes... Yes, I c-can." Roman growled through the pain as he forced himself to look up his eyes flashing.  "I-I don't w-want to."

"I wish I could make it a little easier." Virgil gently brushed his hand through the others hair and closed his eyes as he leaned against him, feeling Roman wrap his arms around him instantly. "I wish I knew how to help you, Ro. Thomas made this plan..."

"Don't... D-Don't tell me." Virgil chuckled as he shook his head.

"I won't. I know better than that. I just don't like it. The plan... this... I hate that this happened to you. I'm so sorry, hun." Roman hugged him tighter before pulling away and Virgil could see the tears in his loves eyes. "Ro?"

"She's... V-Virgil, she's p-planning something to."Roman whimpered as he pressed his hand into his temple trying really hard to fight her. "Sh-She w-wants you. I... I can't... Sh-She won't let me t-tell you. She..."

"Don't fight." Roman faltered as Virgil took his head in his hands. They just stared each other in the eyes as Virgil smiled. "Don't fight her, Roman. Instead... Let me in." Roman's eyes went wide as they went completely black. He gripped Virgil's arms tightly as this pressure filled his head. "It's ok, Roman. It's going to be ok, but you have to let me in. I can't help you... If you don't."

"You're not supposed to help me, Princess." Roman growled through a smirk as that pressure build. "How are you even here?"

"You know that already." Roman laughed as he nodded.

"Yeah. I guess I do. Your gift, huh? Did the princess take a nap just to see me? Pity reall-..." Roman's voice cut out as he froze up, completely ridged. Virgil's smile only got wider.

"Let me in, Love." Virgil could feel that slip in Roman's mind, the wall finally crumbling away and he was gone. Roman blinked spinning around only to find himself alone there in the hallway.

"Shit." His voice came out in a rumble from his chest as he raked his hand through his hair. "Where the hell is he?!"

Virgil stood there in the inky black a small smile on his face as he took it all in. They weren't kidding. It really was just dark and cold. An endless sea of ink and tar spread out in ever direction, neverending... a pitch nothingness. Virgil slowly sauntered on. He didn't exactly know what he was doing but... he was going to do something. There was no way in hell he was just going to let Roman suffer like this. He just needed to help... block the connection. It didn't have to be much... just enough to help. Just enough to help Roman to fight... a thread Roman could latch on to. A thread... 

A thread... Virgil's eyes widdened as he stood there in front of this giant inky spiderweb. A web... with Roman all tangled up in the middle of it. He had all these threds and wires wrapped around him. His arms and legs were so entangled in the mess they were hardly visible. Roman's neck and chest and makes and wires losely around him. His head... His head was the worst of it. Virgil chocked seeing the blood and inky dripping down his loves face from the where the threds and wires dug into him. No wonder it was so painful to fight. 

"Ro..." Suddenly Roman screamed out the wires tightening around him till it cut in making Virgil freak out. "ROMAN!" Virgil freaked and started to climb up the vines wanting nothing more than to cut his love free but knowing that isn't possible. He just needed to help... give Roman something to hold onto. Roman was so drained at this point. He was limp against the web blackened tears falling endlessly mixing with the blood and ink. Virgil's heart literally broke at the sight. "Roman." Virgil called out forcefully as he tugged on the threds praying for something to happen. "Ro. Open your eyes. Please..." Roman groaned as the threds tightened all the more. "No. no. no. Don't fight her. Just open you're eyes for my love. It's ok. I promise. I..." Virgil crashed as Roman's eyes fluttered and met his. They were pitch black but it was still Roman. This was his mind after all. It just hurt to see his love in so much pain. "Roman..."

"Virgil?" Roman whimpered as the the threds  seemed to take all the slack making him tense up in pain. "V-Virgil? I can't see. It's too dark... to... t-to dark."

"I know love. It's ok. I'm going to help you."

"No. No you need to go. Where... How... What's going on?" Roman whined as Virgilfied his possition on the web just enough so that he was directly in front of his love. "I-I can't see... c-can't move. It hurts. It hurt, Virgil. Please, go. I don't want anything to happen."

"I will. I promise. I just... I wanted to do something before I go." Roman smiled feeling Virgil caress his cheek. The smaller ignored the blood and ink that painted his hand from the contact. All that mattered was Roman. "I'm going to help you ok. I'm going to save you. You won't stay like this... I just can't fix it all yet."

"Don't let me hurt you, Virgil. You mean the world to me." Virgil hummed as he leaned in, closing his eyes and imagining the two of them safe and happy at home. He imagined the moments before all this, the two of them laughing and messing around as they lived their lives just being together. He imagined the night Roman finally marked him. The night they shared... their connection. Nothing else mattered. "I love you."

"I love you too." Virgil pressed his lips to Roman's, ignoring the toxic taste of ink as he felt his energy surge. Roman gapsed as this feeling of... something... he really couldn't describe it. It felt like something just clicked into place. He still couldn't see but things were a bit clearer. He could feel the wires that held him captive proving all the more that he was stuck trapped in his own mind but... there was something else... something soft and warm. Virgil... "Don't ever let me go." roman beamed as he his fingers twitched seeming to grab hold of two knew threds, glowign purple ones that send a warm jolt down his spine. "Don't give up hope. I'm never going to stop until we're all back together and safe." 

"I won't give up." Roman purred as he practically felt how Virgil radiated with love and protectiveness. "I have a mate who I have to get home to."

"Yes... You do. And pack that misses you dearly. I love you, Roman." Virgil placed one last kiss to his loves lips before vanishing and finding himself back in his room at the base, tears falling from his eyes. "Goodbye for now, my love."