13

"Roman?" The alpha jumped at the sudden sound of someone only to sneeze at the scent of smoke. 

"Thomas." Roman turned to see the witch standing in the doorway and smile. "It's nice to see you again."

"I... Uh... Likewise. Pardon my confusion but..." Roman just laughed as he shrugged and turned back to what he was doing. He had helped Virgil to bed only to catch the familiar scent of his brother. He had wandered into the room before he even realized. That's when he found the picture... Virgil, Remus, and Janus. Except they were all pretty damaged. The words 'finally free' were written on the corner. 

"Virgil, let me in. He wasn't feeling well... gave me the guest room for the night." Thomas sighed as Roman brushed his fingers over the picture. His eyes kept going from Remus to Virgil repetitively, but... His focus was on Virgil. "It smells like... roses and rain."

"I take it those are your favorite?" Roman nodded as he looked over at Thomas in confusion. "It's ok Roman. You said Virgil wasn't well?"

"No. He was coughing and..."

"He was coughing?" Roman nodded eyes filled with concern as Thomas ran out of the room. Roman followed obviously only to freeze up at the scent that hung to Virgil's room. Thomas walked right in and went right to the bathroom. "Virgil..."

"I'm fine Thomas." Roman frowned as he clung to the wall. He was so lost in thought he didn't even hear... He could feel the guilt and rage tare through him. Thomas deflated as Virgil just laughed and fell back sitting against the wall as he wiped his mouth. "You're home early."

"I had a bad feeling." Thomas frowned as he grabbed the washcloth rinsing it slightly before kneeling down to clean Virgil's face. "I told you I didn't want you taking them."

"It was my desition. I'm 19." Thomas paused if only slightly before helping Virgil up. "Besides. It did its supposed to. No effects."

"No effect? What did you take?" Virgil frowned looking over at Roman, who he had forgotten was even there. He couldn't exactly smell him. In fact, he couldn't really smell anything right now. His whole body felt... wrong.

"Sup...su...s...um." Thomas laid him into bed shaking his head as he tucked him in. 

"He took a suppressor. A higher dosage than what I gave him... didn't you?" Virgil just laughed as he closed his eyes. 

"A WHAT?! Virgil! Those are really bad! Or... At least for Alphas. I really don't there effects on others." Thomas frowned as he looked back to see Roman's sad expression. "Remus tried taking some, back when father had first mentioned kicking him out. His body literally rejected it. He was so sick and... coughing up..." Roman froze up, eyes shifting as he growled. "Virgil?"

"Don't." Thomas shook his head catching Roman's attention who had to hold himself back from snapping. "There's no point in talking any sense into him now. Besides... His body heals faster than it ought to. He'll be better by the end of the week."

"That's not the point. Why the hell would you give him..."

"I DIDN'T WANT TO!" Thomas yelled blasting heat through the room making the boy in the bed gasp before shivering at the rapid change from hot to cold, in his sleep. "I gave him the lowest dosage I could. He was adamant about doing something. He went back and took more while I was out. It's the only thing I can think of." Roman just frowned as he looked over at the sleeping boy and sighed. "So you know he's a wolf..."

"And that he killed Colt." Thomas froze up with a grimace.

"I doubt he told you the whole story."

"He didn't tell me anything." Roman's eyes narrowed as he grabbed Thomas's arm with a serious look. "Which is why you will."

"Roman, I..." Roman's eyes shifted as he growled revealing his fangs and making Thomas tense up. "I... I really don't..." Thomas sighed as he nodded and Roman backed off with a glare. "Fine. I'll tell you everything about Colt... AND ONLY Colt."

"You'll tell me whatever I want to know Thomas. I'm an Alpha... and you are a servant of the pack." Thomas flared as his fists clenched tightly.

"Not your pack." Roman nodded and smirked.

"So? Now, tell me. What the hell..." Thomas held his hand up cutting Roman off who looked about ready to tear someone apart. "What now?!"

"I just figured you might want to wait for your second." Roman's eyes went wide hearing the pounding on the front door as Thomas laughed. "Let's go. I'll tell you both downstairs."

"But... B-But... V-Virgil." Roman's throat closed upon him as his eyes darted to the sleeping and sickly man. "I... I can't..." Roman clammed up as Thomas placed a supportive hand to Roman's shoulder and smiled softly. Roman was clearly confused and very concerned. His body shook slightly as Thomas nudged him. He didn't want to leave and risk Virgil getting sick again. "Thomas..."

"It'll be ok, Roman. Now... let's go." Roman sighed as he allowed himself to be led out of the room. The two started down the steps only for Roman to freeze up suddenly. "Roman, it's going to be..." Roman spun around and ran off making Thomas sigh. When the alpha came back he was holding that picture from before and Thomas's eyes darkened. "Ah..."

"I want answers, Thomas." Thomas smiled as he led Roman into the living room. As Roman sat on the couch Thomas walked off to answer the door. Seconds later... Logan had appeared in the room looking confused as to why Roman was here. "Hey, Logan."

"Roman? What..." Logan's eyes spotted the picture and they darkened as he took in a big breath and nearly gagged. "Smells like Remus... when he... when... oh." Logan frowned as Roman's eyes dropped. "Where is he?"

"In bed. For now, we are going to talk." Thomas smiled as the two looked over at him with varying degrees of concern. "We'll start with... the formation of Colts pack... and work on from there."