48

"Roman?" Emile frowned in confusion as he opened the door to find the young alpha standing there with a small smile. "I wasn't aware you were coming for a visit. Is everything ok? Where's Virgil?"

"Oh he'll be here soon, I hope. I'm a bit early to the party I guess." Roman laughed as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. "I hope you don't mind. I thought maybe we could all talk." Emile's frowned grew a bit as he stepped aside and let Roman walk in, Kai trailing silently behind him. Colt was tense. He teleported in and stood there just watching as Roman walked passed him, giving him this sick knowing smile.

"Why don't we go into the living room then? Remy's just making some coffee." Roman nodded as his eyes shined, a small glimmer of pride as Emile walked in front of him.

"That would be perfect." Roman's eyes flashed black as growled silently. "Thank you so much."

"Virgil, we need to figure out a plan." Logan called out the second they managed to get to safety. They were ducked out in a cafe. Public so that Roman couldn't do anything rash where humans could see him. Remus was frantic. You could tell by how his energy skyrocketed that his anxiety was eating away at him. Patton was just really really quiet. Virgil... Virgil was numb.

Willow, Colt's older sister, not only was the one that did all that to Colt, her own flesh and blood, but also attacked Kai's pack using his eldest brother AND now had Roman under her spell. Why...

Roman said she knew. She knew about him about who he was. She was a doctor chance are she knew from his DNA. The only way she would have been able to know what to look for was if she knew about his family. Which meant given everything else that happened... She was also most likely the young witch that attacked the moon pack 20 years ago. How old was she? She looked in her late 30's. That meant she attacked and defeated the original wolf pack as a teenager. How where they supposed to fight someone that strong? Virgil didn't even understand how she was controlling them. Was it a spell or was it her gift? Why was she after him? No, he could already guess why she wanted him. After all, Virgil was supposed to be an alpha among alpha. A descendent to Romulus... grandson of the goddess. Willow wants a soldier. Someone strong she can control... sho better than the very goddess own family.

"VIRGIL!" Virgil jumped as he looked up to see everyone staring at him. Janus sighed as he tried to offer his breaking alpha a smile. It was a lie... and Virgil knew it. "Your eyes were a dark blue, you weren't responding. We got concerned."

"I'm sorry." Virgil's eyes darkened as he looked off to the side and sighed. "I was lost in thought. I was trying to figure things out but all I have is so many questions. We know she's after me most like to control me. She's obviously using Roman because, one, he's my mate, and two, he was there. It's safe to assume she won't stop until she get's me and we don't even know what it is she's doing. Spells I can't combat... We would need Thomas or... Remy... Shit! Dad!"

"What?" Logan's eyes narrowed as he listened to Virgil's speel. It was obvious the alpha was tapping into his gift, even if the other didn't know. He had gladly allowed Virgil to have it figuring it best he had something like it to fall back on if needed. He was certain Janus had done the same.

"Roman knows where my parents live. I took him there with me. He knows he can use them to get to me."

"Virgil, breathe." Virgil jumped as Janus took his hand from across the table. "Emile and Remy are strong. If Roman does go after him, I doubt there is anything he could do to hurt them."

"Yes, but he has Colt and Kai as well. I just..." Virgil growled as he forced himself to breathe as his beta said. "My alpha urges are kicking in. Two members of my pack, my mate, and my parents are possibly in a lot of danger and I'm just sitting here."

"We'll save them. Virgil, I promise." Patton smiled as he looked around at everyone trying to reassure them. "Roman's strong. Very strong... He's not going to let this darkness beat him."

"What's the meaning of this?" Remy glared over at the alpha who was pacing, lost in thought as. "Roman!"

"Relax, Mr. Dreemurr." Roman smirked as he turned to look at him, arms crossed and eyes as black as tar. Remy's eyes filled with horror feeling that familiar dark energy surrounding the alpha like a thing smog. It filled his lungs with soot making it impossible to breathe. "I'm deciding on what I should do with you. As long as I have Emile, you won't hurt me and as long as I have BOTH of you Virgil is always going to be one step behind. My princess isn't just going to let his family rot. He's an alpha." Roman's voice carried a permanent lull as if he was softly purring with every word. He could put a child to sleep with that voice but all it did now was give the vampire the chills. He knew those eyes. This was bad. This was really bad. he had to think of something... do something... "Penny for your thoughts?" Remy jumped finding Roman suddenly in his face before the younger pulled back with a laugh. "No? Well darn. I thought maybe it would be a nice joke to tell her. Trying to figure out what to do knowing at any second Emile could." Emile whimpered his hand going to his head as this pressure pushed down hard on his mind. Colt flinched at the scene. That was far to similar to his duel ability. Roman's gift to force his own emotions and intentions onto another was just far too similar. 

"Stop! Stop! Roman..." Roman pouted playfully as Emile practically collapsed into the couch panting. Remy was honestly broken. How was he supposed to help Roman AND protect his son and husband if any time he just thought about it, Roman lashed out? He couldn't hurt the alpha. It's not his fault. This was what had happened to Colt. The two had explained it to him. It wasn't that hard to see the similarities. And those eyes... Those haunting black eyes that made you feel as though you were looking into the pitch-black abyss that you carry you off to Hades. He knew those eyes. This is that witches fault. 

"Just sit back and relax, Remy Buxaplenty. She's on her way and frankly... I'm just tired of the shit."