31

"Virgil? Is he..." Roman gently tugged his mate to the side, his guilt getting the better of him as he tried to work things out. He just didn't understand what had happened. "Is he ok?"

"I'm dead." Colt rolled his eyes as Virgil sighed and nodded slightly seeing the concern in Roman's eyes. "Honestly, I should've just let him..."

"He's ok. We'll... We'll talk about this later ok?" Roman smiled as Virgil brushed his hair back. "We have to focus on whatever the hell it is we're doing."

"They're probably figuring out if you should join packs." Virgil's eyes widened a bit as he shot Colt a confused look. "You and Roman are mates, Virgil. That mean's your packs are bound through you. If you chose not to reject him..."

"I'm not." Roman's eyes flashed as Virgil pouted a bit. Colt just laughed a bit as he rolled his eyes.

"Than you two need to be together otherwise you're going to be in pain. Considering it would be a pack of 6..."

"7." Virgil growled making Colt sigh and shake his head.

"6... The better option would be to move shop again, Virge. This is the bigger and better packhouse just from what I've seen from the outside. It would be beneficial for you all to stay here." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Colt smiled. "Think about it, Virgil. You get more room to be, friends, Roman..." Virgil smiled softly at the mention of his mate's name, who wrapped his arms around him supportively. "This is the better option."

"So I take it you want us here?" Roman frowned in confusion as Virgil just chuckled. "Colt said your packhouse is far better than mine and has the space needed to house a pack of 7."

"I said 6."

"It's a pack of 7, Colt." Roman melted as he nuzzled into Virgil a bit and let out a soft breath.

"I don't care either way." Roman's eyes shined as he lulled softly in his love's ears. "Hearing that you'd be staying... it makes me the happiest."

"Nothing's been talked over yet, Roman." Virgil frowned as he pulled away a bit making sure he still had Roman's hands in his. "We need to talk it over as a pack, don't we?" The light never seemed to leave Roman's eyes.

"As a pack... a pack... single and whole." Virgil rolled his eyes as Roman purred softly. "I like the sound of that."

"Then let's hurry up and get this discussion over with." Virgil beamed as he gently tugged Roman along, walking backward as he chuckled. "Besides, I wanted to talk to you alone after anyway."

"Oh?" Roman's eyes narrowed in confusion as Virgil just nodded. "What about?"

"Just Colt... You... Me..." Virgil's eyes shined as bright purple as his wolf curled in him. "Us."

"Us?" Roman faltered a bit a sense of anxiety sparking in his blood as Virgil spun around so he could actually see where he was going. Colt could see the fear in the mans eyes as he frowned. Roman glanced over beside him knowing Colt was there even if he couldn't see him and just sighed. "What about us?"

"What do you mean what about, Ro?" Virgil laughed as Roman rubbed his arm a bit with nerves. After everything that happened the other day, the last thing Roman ever wanted was to hurt him like that again. He realized what had triggered the attack. When his wolf took over and he went to mark Virgil it sent the other alpha over the edge. Roman NEVER wanted that to happen again. He never wanted to be the cause. He could feel his wolf writhing in him. He could feel that pain spark up his spine. That never-ending heat that tore him apart... But anytime he even thought about the possibility of it ending... of actually marking Virgil... his heart would stop in fear of setting him off again. He just couldn't do it.

Never again...

"It's nothing. I just uh... Forget it." Virgil shot him a worried look before Roman pulled him into a room filled with other wolves and he stopped short. Obviously, they weren't new faces. It was his and Roman's pack but... He just felt a bit awkward about it all. So many people... His eyes darted over to Colt who was more than happy staying completely hidden behind Virgil. He knew he couldn't be seen but that fear didn't go away.

"Uh... Hi." Virgil rubbed his arm before hugging his hoodie close to his chest. Patton was the first to say something. Well, no he didn't say anything. He just squealed as he ran over, hugging him tightly making Janus growl.

"Jan, it's ok." Remus whispered as he smiled over at his bubbly friend. "Patton's just very friendly."

"Oh." Patton jumped back with an awkward laugh. "I'm sorry. I just couldn't help it." Virgil rolled his eyes softly as he shot a soft smile over at Roman, who was melting at the sight. "I just... I heard you were Roman's mate and... I sort of... I got really excited."

"That's ok, Patton. I get it." Virgil hummed lightly as he shook his head with a laugh. "Janus is just a bit protective. We all are."

"After everything you've all been through, we can understand as much." Virgil could only nod as Logan looked around at everyone. "We have much to discuss now, don't we?"

"We do." Virgil glanced around at all his packmates, even colt, before smiling and looking up at Roman. "I supposed it's a matter of what everyone wants and is ok with. Ray?" Remus jumped slightly as Virgil nodded over to him. "You're the one we need to work with the most so... What do you want?" Remus's eyes went wide as he looked around. His eyes kept darting about the place till they met with Roman's and his brother just sighed softly.

"You know I never wanted you to leave." Tears pricked at Remus's eyes as Roman smiled at him. "You're my brother Remus. I'd love to have you with us all but it's up to you. It's up to all you what you want."

"I... I, uh..." Colt frowned as he walked forward catching Virgil's eyes who narrowed in concern.

"I know my thoughts don't matter. I'm a ghost but..." Colt's eyes darkened as he met with Virgil's eyes. "I think you all should stay. And... I don't mean the packhouse, Virgil. You and Roman should join packs. You deserve to be with your mate. Remus deserves to be with his friends and family." Colt's frown only grew as he looked over at Janus with this guilty expression. "Janus deserves to be happy. I... I was really bad with the both of them. I think this could help them both. Get them to heal... after all the shit I've done."

"I want to stay." Virgil whispered catching everyone's eyes. Remus literally beamed as his tears finally spilled. Colt smiled slightly with a nod, thankful over knowing Virgil took his thoughts into consideration. "I know Ray does." Remus nodded not having been able to vocalize it but ecstatic that Virgil still knew. Virgil turned to his beta and smiled softly seeing the conflict in those heterochromatic eyes. "Janus?"

"I don't... I don't know, Virgil." Virgil only smiled more, reassuring his friend that it was ok. "Are you sure it's what you want. You..." Janus's eyes darted to Roman who visibly broke in understanding. 

"I'll be ok, Dee. I think it'll be good for us. But... You know we don't do anything unless we're all in agreement. Everyone has a say." The other pack seemed to light up a bit at that. Most packs don't care about voting. Usually, the alpha makes the harder desitions. They were happy to see that theirs wasn't the only one that thought about getting everyone's opinions. Sure when it came down to it Roman had the final say, as Virgil did with his, but when it came to things like this they wanted to know everyone's thought. "So?"

"Yea." Virgil beamed as Janus nodded. "I think it would be good too." Virgil giggled as he looked back and melted, feeling Roman wrap his arms around him close. 

"What do you say, Ro?" Virgil whispered softly as he Roman nuzzled into him with a purr. Roman's eyes darted to his two packmates. Patton nodded enthusiastically as Logan just smiled letting Roman know exactly what they thought on the matter. Roman couldn't be happier. He hugged his mate tighter as he pressed a soft kiss to his neck and hummed.

"I guess we should show you around then huh, my love?"