10

"So... Wait? Virgil, I'm a bit lost here." Thomas chuckled to himself as Virgil paced around the room. He's been here now for a couple of days and he was started to get... anxious? He could feel this buzz under his skin. A need he didn't quite understand... "You met Remus's twin and..."

"I don't know what happened, Thomas. There was this scent in the room... Lavender and Lilacs... My favorite fucking scent..." Thomas's eyes widened as Virgil groaned. "It sent me reeling and ... uggh... I can't seem to fucking relax anymore!"

"How long has it been?" Virgil sighed as he shrugged and sat down on the couch. 

"Just a few days I think. I don't know. It was like as soon as his hand touched mine... AH, I feel like I'm losing it." Thomas just laughed as he shook his head. "Plus this stupid cologne thing is fucking with my head."

"It's the whole alpha thing. Not being able to smell yourself must be irritating your wolf." Virgil groaned as he just hugged himself. "It's ok, Virgil. I could give you something about the... uh... effect Roman has on you but it would only distress your wolf. The better option would honestly be just to get off everything."

"But then Roman would know I was an alpha. He'd smell me immediately." Thomas rolled his eyes playfully as Virgil whimpered. "I don't want to risk anything but..." Virgil's eye shifted as he shook and frowned. "I don't know what is happening."

"Well, that makes sense Virgil. You were born human." The young alpha only deflated as Thomas sat beside him. "It's ok to not know. You were thrusted into a world you were never taught about. These things that are happening... there normal. Every Wolf... if lucky, will experience this."

"It scaring me, Thomas." 

"But that's only because you don't know what's happening. It's ok Virgil." The younger cried softly in anxiety making Thomas sigh. "Here's what I can do. I can take back the cologne and you and Roman talk this out together as he will no doubt understand when he finally gets a good read of your scent... or I give you some pills." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Thomas frowned. " I don't really recommend it as it will suppress your wolf not just the effects. Or you keep using the cologne and deal with what's been happen... though, Virge... It will also be effecting Roman."

"What do you mean?" Thomas tensed as he bit his lip in thought before sighing and shaking his head. "Thomas tell me..."

"You know how Remus and Janus are mates? Do you know what that means?" Virgil's eyes narrowed as he shook his head and Thomas laughed. "Of course you don't."

"I thought it was just a wolfy name for a partner." Thomas just shook his head as Virgil frowned. "What is it then?"

"A mate is... well, in the wild with animals when you talk about a mate, what does it usually mean? Take a swan... They mate for life." Thomas smiled softly as Virgil just sat there taking everything in. "So do werewolves."

"Wait, I'm confused. You're saying that we... wolves will have a single person we will be with for life." Thomas nodded as Virgil shot him a confused look. 

"Not just that Virgil... A mate is just a shorter way of saying a soulmate." Virgil's eyes shot wide as Thomas nodded again. "Every wolf has a mate that they will spend their lives searching for. Not all find theirs. Some like Remus and Janus find theirs young."

"W-What does that have to do with..." Virgil's eyes widened even more as he started shaking his head.

"No. NO! No, Roman is not my... he can't be... no!" Virgil tensed as the buzz turned into a burn and he shook like crazy. "No... I don't... I don't understand."

"Virgil, I can't give you any answers. I can only give you options. The thing is the choice you make will affect Roman. You have to think hard about this." Virgil frowned as he curled up and Thomas sighed softly. "I can give you the pills for you to try. Take them for a few days while you try to figure things out. For now, I recommend you stay here, just so I can see how the effect you ok?"

"Yeah... yeah ok." 

"Roman?" Roman smiled awkwardly as he pushed through the door surprising Logan who was apparently just getting done eating. "When Patton said to expect you I wasn't really thinking it would be tonight."

"Yes, well... It was." Roman groaned as he forced himself to sit despite the intense urge to find Virgil right then and there. "How have things been going?" Logan frowned as he shook his head making Roman's eyes darken. "That good huh?"

"Virgil's files had been tampered with. No doubt by the witch." Roman's eyes narrowed as Logan rolled his eyes. "The most I could get was the fact that Thomas took him in a few months before graduation and the fact that he was in the hospital." Roman's eyes shifted suddenly catching Logan by surprise who jumped slightly as Roman growled.

"Hospital? Why was Virgil in the hospital?" Logan shrugged as he sat down on the chair across from his alpha. 

"I don't know... yet. I was planning on heading to the hospital to find that out tomorrow."

"Good. Good idea. I... will be trying to find Virgil." Logan's eyes shot wide as Roman smiled sheepishly.

"Virgil's here." Roman nodded making Logan frown and look away. "That might make things a bit difficult Roman. If he suspects we're looking into him..."

"Patton said he was expecting me." Logan's eyes darkened as Roman shrugged. "I don't know why but... I need to talk with him. So, I'll distract him while you keep digging ok?"

"Ok, if you say so." Roman smiled only to freeze up as Logan glared over at him. "What's wrong, Roman. Your eyes are shifting erratically. Your heartbeat is at an irregular and hyper pace. Your focus is lacking and you dropped everything to get here without knowing why."

"I don't know, Logan." Roman sighed as he just stared at his hands with narrowed eyes. "But I'm going to find out."