9

Dee walked through the park just trying to get him nerves to lessen. He was Virgil's second in command. He had to make sure that nothing bad happened while Virgil was away. He had his tasks given to him by his alpha, just as Remus had his. Remus had to keep a low profile for now. They knew this. So Deceit had to go out and do the shopping and all this...

Dee sighed as he sat down on the bench. This was going to be a long week. Dee took a deep breath and cringed feeling his skin crawl at the sudden scent of...

"Dee?" Wolf... Dee looked up to find Patton standing there with wide eyes. "You... You are here."

"I take it Roman..." Patton nodded as Dee just chuckled. "I see."

"Are... Are you ok?" Dee smiled as he patted the bench beside him. Patton sighed softly as he sat down and just watched the other. "Dee?"

"Are you ok?" Dee just stared off at nothing while he fidgeted with his hands. "After all another pack is on your territory."

"Considering the pack, I don't think Roman cares." Dee smiled sadly as Patton took his hand. "How's Remus?"

"He's... struggling." Patton frowned as Dee shook his head. "After everything that happened... God, it seems so surreal sometimes."

"We heard about Colt." Dee's eyes instantly shifted as he growled aggressively shocking Patton who hadn't expected that reaction at all. "Patton..."

"Don't ever say that name around me EVER again." Patton nodded furiously as Dee clenched his fists. "What happened to him was a mercy on us. He deserved FAR worse than what he got." Patton tensed up in horror at how Dee shook with rage. "That man was a complete monster, getting his head ripped off was letting him off easy."

"Dee that was your Alph..."

"AN ALPHA IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECT!" Patton reeled back as Dee started to cry. "He was supposed to protect us. He was supposed to..." Dee curled up into himself wracked with tears. Patton tried to comfort the poor wolf but the moment his fingers brushed him, Dee flinched violently. "DON'T TOUCH ME!"

"I'm sorry." Dee sat there filled with guilt and horror as he quickly shook his head and pulled Patton into a hug.

"No, I am. I'm sorry." Dee sighed as he hugged Patton tightly. "For a second there... I forgot where I was... who... who I was with."

"Dee, what happened to you two?" Patton pulled away with tears in his eyes and Dee smiled sadly. 

"We went through hell, Pat. C-Colt..." Dee flinched over just saying the name and Patton's eyes widened in realization. "He wasn't kind to us. He wasn't what an alpha should have been." 

"I am so sorry. If we had known... If Roman suspected for even a second." Dee just laughed as he shook his head. 

"It's ok, Pat. We're fine now. I have an alpha who cares about me. A mate who loves me..." Patton lit up with joy as Dee just laughed. "Yes... Ray and I are mates."

"OH M GOSH, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO!" Patton squealed with excitement making Dee laugh as he wiped the tears he hadn't known he shed. "How did we not know?"

"We never said... Colt he... He liked to use it against us so... I wasn't very open about it after him." All that excitement died with a single sentence and Dee sighed. "Like I said, Pat we're ok now."

"Dee... maybe you should tell Roman?" Dee frowned as he shook his head. "Dee, an another Alpha should really know about this. In case someone tries to do something against you two."

"My alpha would never let anything happen to us." Patton frowned as Dee just hugged himself. "Besides, he wouldn't understand... and I don't think Remus could handle all that right now. He got the worst of it Patton. Because of his bloodline and everything... He got hurt so much for no reason. And there was nothing I could do about it... I just..." Dee deflated a bit as he met Patton's tear-filled eyes. "The less interaction Remus has with others outside the pack right now, the better."

"Ok. I trust you, and I wouldn't ever want to push him." Patton sighed as he shifted a bit and Dee smiled.

"What?"

"Roman... Roman actually asked me..."

"He wants to know about Virgil?" Patton's eyes went wide as Dee just laughed. "Yeah, I figured... actually Virgil figured."

"He's one of you?" Dee's eyes darkened as he looked away making Patton frowned. "Hey, you don't have to tell me. We already sort of assumed it."

"He went back to Fairview to talk with Thomas." Patton's eyes went wide as Dee looked back over at him. "Tell Roman, if he really wants to talk with him, he'll be expecting him, if not... Virgil will be back in a week."

"Dee..." Patton frowned as he watched the other wolf leave him behind. "I guess that's the end of that then..."

"What?" Roman frowned as he paced around the room. Patton sighed in concern seeing his alpha so... unnerved. He's been like this for a while now. It's been slowly getting worse. "I don't understand..."

"Dee said Remus can't see anyone outside the pack right now." Roman froze up, his eyes shifting back and forth before he suddenly let out a sigh, his eyes back to normal. 

"Roman, what's going on with you?"

"I don't... I don't know." Roman ran a hand through his hair as he bit his lip and groaned in annoyance. "Every since we all met Virgil, I've just... It's like my wolf is... I don't know how to explain it. It's like he did something to me or... that weird sent did... I just don't know."

"Well, maybe you should go talk to him?" Roman tensed his eyes shifting as Patton sighed. "Dee said he went back to Fairview."

"V-Virgil... l-left?" Roman frowned as his chest tightened and he shook his head going straight to his closet.

"Ro, what..."

"Inform Logan I will be joining him soon." Patton's eyes went wide as Roman pulled a bag out and started to throw clothes in. "I'm trusting you to keep this place in shape, Patton."

"Of course, My Alpha." Roman frowned as he grabbed his jacket off the hanger and turned to see Patton texting his mate.

"I don't want you going to their base while I'm not here ok? If what Dee said about Remus is true it's better to keep your distance." Patton nodded as Roman zipped up his bag and walked over. Roman took Patton's hand giving him a soft smile as Patton tensed. "I wouldn't be leaving if I didn't trust you but... Should anything happen I want you to immediately disregard my last order and go over there."

"What why?" Roman frowned as he shook his head. "Ro?"

"Somethings coming Patton. I don't know what and I don't when. I don't want to leave you without some semblance of safety. If you feel yourself to not be safe, you ask for shelter from the other pack." Patton nodded one last time as Roman pulled away letting out a shaky breath. "Ok, then. I guess I'm gonna go then."

"Right now? Don't you think you should wait till..." Roman tensed again as his eyes shifted and Patton frowned. "Your wolf doesn't want to, does it?"

"No, it doesn't."