43

"Hello, BITCHES!" Remy screamed the second he walked into the house. Emile sighed behind him as he tried to stifle his laughter. He was a bit nervous. This was a packhouse after all and he belonged to a different pack. Well... He was still connected to another pack. He hadn't actually seen anyone from it in... over 19 years. The sound of pattering feet gave the older wolf a bit of a start only for him to freeze up seeing Janus and Remus slide into the room with the biggest smile.

"Doctor P... Sleep!" Remus giggled as he ran over and gave them both the biggest hugs. Emile purred lightly making Remus giggle even more as he jumped back with a laugh. "I knew there was something I liked about you. Just could never put my nose on it."

"That was the point rat-man." Remy joked as he smirked under his shades. "Where Virge?"

"He's with Roman." Janus called out before Remus could say anything else. He was just excited though. It's not every day you find out to the two humans who cared for them were like them... well that one was anyway. "We found an injured wolf the other day. They've been caring for him. Roman's adamant about not sending him to hospital."

"Oh shit." Remy chuckled awkwardly as he frowned a bit. "Do they need me?"

"Well... I don't think so. They've been handling it ok but maybe you should check just to be on the safe side. The guy was injured pretty badly. He hasn't woken up since we found him. It wasn't good." Remy nodded as he gave Emile a soft kiss.

"Hun, you guys go catch up in the living room. I'll be back ok?" Emile just smiled as he Remus ended up dragging him off. Remy sighed as he stuffed his hands into his pockets and slowly made his way to the rooms.

"I don't want him seeing me." Colt whined making Roman stop what he was doing and glance over at him. Colt was sitting there in the chair just watching over him as Virgil was making sure Kai was ok while Roman was getting more bandages and medicine ready to help care for the man wounds. "I don't want him to know anything about me."

"But he's your mate, Colt." Virgil lulled softly seeing the anxiety in the young wolf. Colt just shook his head.

"I don't want him to see me. Virgil... I don't want him to know about everything that happened."

"That wasn't you." Roman offered a soft smile as he turned back to the medicine so that he can get to changing the wrapping out. "That's not you."

"He doesn't know that. It's bad enough that his mate is dead, Roman. I can't let him think his mate was a monster too. He doesn't deserve it."

"Colt, you are not a monster." Virgil brushed Colt's hair back as he gave him a very protective look. "You were under someone's control. I know it's not easy to forgive yourself but... That wasn't you at all."

"He doesn't know that." Colt whimpered as he hugged himself. "Please? I just don't want him to know.

"How are we going to explain the invisible man we ALL talk to? He's going to think we're all insane when he wakes up." Colt paled as Roman cut in quickly. He wasn't wrong. Colt growled in realization as Roman brought everything over only to freeze up.

"He already is awake..." Everyone jumped as they looked back to see Kai sitting up in bed with this confused look in his eyes. "...and he's very confused." Colt's eyes shined as he stood up with this dazed look in his eyes. Roman knew that look. He had it all the time looking at Virgil. "Where am I... who... who are you?"

"My name's Roman." Roman smiled as he gestured to the bowl in his hands. "If it's ok I'm going to change your wrapping." Kai tensed as he looked over at Virgil who just smiled. "Virgil? Can you please grab the water over there. He's going to need something to drink."

"Of course." Kai watched Virgil walk off. He didn't miss how the man looked at the chair and patted the air a bit as if someone was there. His eyes narrowed as he tried to take in the scents around him. The second he smelt wolf he panicked it. His senses weren't the best. He had to focus just to actually get a good reading. Now that he did he wished he didn't. These two were wolves.

"Hey, hey... It's ok." Roman set the bowl down and brought a different chair over cautiously taking placing his hand down beside the other far enough away to where he wasn't touching him. "We're not going to hurt you."

"You're both wolves." Colt frowned as he curled back into his chair. He couldn't help the way his heart broke. Roman looked over at him and smiled giving him this look but Colt shook his head. It was better he didn't know. "Who... Who are you?"

"I told you. My name's Roman Trebaine. That's my mate Virgil Dean." Kai's eyes widened a bit as Roman shot the ghost wolf that look again making Colt pale.

"Roman, don't."

"And the invisible asshole in the chair who's refusing to let us let you see him is our ghost friend." Kai jumped as Roman smiled. "I'm an Alpha. So's my mate. We can see him because of a gift."

"Wait there's a ghost?" Virgil giggled as he walked over with the cup helping Kia to drink up before shoot his mate a playful glare. 

"Yes, and he's pissed off. He said he didn't want him knowing."

"We ALL can see him. I'm sorry but I'd rather not confuse the poor injured wolf more by randomly talking to nothing." Roman whined as Virgil just rolled his eyes. "Come on... You guys understand... Right?" Kai watched as Roman and Virgil both looked over at the chair and his eyes narrowed in thought.

"But he's your..." Roman jumped suddenly holding his hands up as Virgil just laughed. 

"Sorry about that. Roman... the bandages." Roman nodded as he decided just to shut up. Kai was going to let this go through.

"So your pack is haunted?" Virgil frowned as he shook his head. "Then why is there a ghost. How can you all see them?"

"It's my gift." Virgil sighed as he paused with this look in his eyes that told Kai he was getting yelled at. "You know what Colt. I've had enough. Either you shut the hell up or you leave the fucking room." Colt flinched violently as Virgil glared over at him. "I understand how you feel but this isn't about you right now and it sure isn't about then either. So stop being a bitch."

"FINE!" Colt jumped up and just growled at them all his eyes shifting blue. "Do whatever you want? Let him see me. You'll only be hurting him in the end. At the end of the say I'M STILL DEAD! And who's fault is that?" Virgil froze as Colt teleported out suddenly. Even Kai could feel something bad just happened. 

"Hun, he didn't mean it." Roman frowned seeing how upset his love was.

"Yea, he did. It is my fault." Virgil sighed as he shook his head and turned back to Kai. "The point is though... You're correct. Him not seeing him may cause issues."

"Wait, I'm lost. What happened?" Virgil smiled as he sat down in the bed and took Kai's hand. "Wha-..."

"I can give you the ability to see him if you want me too. He might be a bit snippy about it but..."

"Wait... I can see ghosts too." Kai's eyes lit up as he giggled. "How? How is that possible?"

"It's my gift." Virgil's eyes narrowed in confusion as Kai's smile only grew. "You're taking this awfully well. A year ago if someone told me I'd be able to see ghost's I would've probably panicked because well... someone was talking to randomly but also I'd laugh at them."

"I'm of alpha decent. I've learned about gifts and all the things that an alpha could do." Virgil smiled as Kai just shrugged. "I guess there being a ghost really didn't surprise me much." Kai's eyes suddenly darkened as he looked off to the side. "Not... Not after what I've seen anyway."

"Well I can let you see him, but I want your permission to do so, ok?" Kai only nodded as Virgil sighed and gently placed his fingers on the boy's temples. They both closed their eyes as Virgil focused on establishing the connection. The door slowly opened to reveal Remy standing there and Roman smiled.

"Guess you didn't need me after all huh, kid?" Roman just smiled as he shook his head. 

"We could still use the help."