47

"Hey there... Lovely." Roman's eyes shifted black and Virgil knew. He fucking knew it. They got to him... to Roman.

"Shit." Virgil was panicking big time as Roman's smirk only grew wider.

"Awe, come now. Aren't you going to welcome your mate?" Roman took a step closer only to stop as the rest of the pack slowly spilled out behind his target. "The possie... perfect."

"Roman?" Virgil was quick to pull Patton back as he growled to warn the other alpha.

"Patton don't. That isn't Roman."

"Oh, god." Colt stumbled as he just stared Roman down, Roman's eyes narrowing as he took everything in. "The darkness?" Virgil nodded as he struggled to figure out what to do.

"Oh stop that, Princess." Roman's smile softened as he started for the group as if nothing was wrong. "You don't really think..."

"Stop right there, Roman." Roman froze up instantly with a growl feeling Virgil's aura flare. "Logan... Janus... I think it's time for an escape plan." The just nodded as they all slowly inched towards the woods. Virgil held his hands up as he started for Roman, who just watched him, his green eyes filled with intrigue.

"Princess." Roman hummed as Virgil stood right in front of him. "What's with all the hostility, babe?" Virgil smiled sadly as he wrapped his arms around his love limply, who growled as he smirked. "Kind of harsh if you think about a bit."

"It's ok, Roman." Roman's eyes flashed black as he gripped Virgil's shoulders roughly.

"It's ok? That's all you have to say, princess?" Roman laughed as one of his hands went to Virgil's neck. He didn't try to choke him but it was clear his intent. Virgil's eyes went blue as Roman frowned feeling that familiar pressure.

"It's ok, Love." Roman tensed his eyes rapid-fire shifting from black to red as he groaned in pain. "It's ok."

"V-Virgil?" Roman whined as he leaned against the other, panting as he tried to fight the dark over his mind. It was hard. That blanket wrapped around him so tight, it suffocated him. "It's... It's Willow. She... she wants you. She... She knows. She knows about who you are. I-I don't... Don't know h-how b-but... Love? I'm scared."

"It's going to be ok, Roman." Roman had tears in his eyes as he literally shook in Virgil's arms. "I'm going to save you."

"Don't let me hurt you. Please? Please, whatever happens... whatever I do..." Virgil nodded as he kissed his love softly holding back his own tears as Roman choked up. "Don't... Don't let me... hurt... you."

"Forgive me." Roman growled, eyes fixing back to black, as Virgil suddenly pulled away. "EVERYONE RUN!" Virgil forced his palm into Roman's chest sending him flying back into their car, an explosion of sparks flying everywhere as he yelled. The group took off only for Colt to scream out making both Virgil and Kai stop clean.

"COLT?!" Kai freaked as Virgil tried to stop him from running back.

"No! Just... just run. I-I'll be fine!"Colt cried out wanting them to run as Virgil tried to grab Kai again, but with Roman moving, the younger just shook his head and pushed Virgil towards the woods.

"He wants you, Virgil. I can't leave Colt. Just go. Protect your pack."

"You are my..." Colt screamed again his form flickering as Roman growled and Virgil just broke.

"Go, Virgil."

"Do whatever you have to to stay alive." Virgil shook himself out of his thoughts as he started to crack. "Remember... this isn't him. He won't be able to stop himself. Please, be safe."

"Go." Virgil took off running slipping into the trees and breaking down entirely at the sound of Roman roaring out.

"I'm sorry." Virgil whimpered as he just kept running. He had to join the others. He had to figure out how to save them all. "Just hold on, please."

"Roman!" Colt cried out as he curled up into a ball. Kai sat beside him not only unable to help or hold him but also being unable to leave him either. He may be a ghost but his wolf refused to leave him. "Ro, please..."

"Shut up." Roman growled angrily as he started for him. "I'm this close to just ending you."

"This isn't... isn't you." Roman laughed as he grabbed Kai, making the younger scream in fear. "No! ROMAN, DON'T!"

"Why not?" The look in Roman's eyes was sick as Colt tensed up in pure horror. "You're in my way. And this asshole..." Roman's grip tightened around Kai's neck making Colt lose it. "...is the reason my target ran off. Virgil never would have left you if it wasn't for him. So... I'm thinking death is a good enough punishment. Don't you think?" Colt watched as Roman moved to no doubt end it all and everything just... stopped. The second the alpha's hand touched Kai's head he snapped.

"ROMAN STOP, HE'S MY MATE REMEMBER?!" Kai's eyes shot wide as Roman dropped him suddenly eyes flashing as he gripped his hair tightly. "Please? Please, Roman. I know, ok? I know. I know how much it hurts to fight it. I know what it's like."

"Can't... fight... too strong. She's too strong." Roman whimpered as he fell to his knees. "It hurts. Colt, it fucking hurts."

"I'm not leaving you with this." Colt crawled over to him as Roman was practically pulling out his hair. "I'm not going anywhere."

"I don't want to hurt him. She... she wants him. Colt... she... she... sh..." Roman went limp, his hands falling as he stared blankly at the ground. "She's expecting her prize. I can't let her down, now can I?" Roman giggled darkly as he looked up and just smirked. "I'll tell you what... I won't touch your... mate, but only as long as you do as I say. Understand?"

"So I'm ransom." Kai frowned as Roman quirked his brow at him.

"Would you rather be dead?" Kai flinched as Colt growled protectively. None of it phased Roman in the slightest as he stood himself up and scowled at the dirt on his clothes. "Let's hurry this up, shall we. I have a date with my target and I don't intend on leaving my princess waiting."