53

"Where is he?" Remy whispered as he spotted Roman walking out of the house. Colt had dragged Kai's body out into the backyard where Remy helped to build a pyre. To be honest, they didn't expect to see Roman again for a while. Yet as that door opened to reveal the controlled alpha Remy's heart truly broke... as Emile was not with him. "Where's Emile?"

"Locked up. Should any more happen with me his life is forfeit." Roman spoke monotone and numb, no longer holding that malice it used to instead sounding more robotic. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" Remy hissed only to frown at the lack of response Roman made. It was as if the other truly wasn't there. 

"Just don't trail the ash back into the house." Roman's eyes held no luster as he turned away without the slightest care. "It's unsavory."

"Roman?" Colt called out making the man freeze up suddenly. "We're going to make her pay for this... for Kai... for you and Emile. Willow isn't going to get away with it." Roman's eyes flashed as a small smile formed on his tired face. He simply nodded before walking away just as Colt tossed the match in setting the pyre ablaze and letting go of his mate. His mate... to whom he did not know was with Virgil.

Roman slowly made his way over to the couch, sitting down as he just stared forward at nothing in particular. His mind felt blank... fogged up... numb, but his heart... His heart felt heavy. Tears built in his eyes as he looked over towards the hall with a muted look of thought. There was tug... something in the far back of his consciousness that whispered ever so slightly to move... to leave and find Virgil and yet his body felt like lead.

He let out a deep breath as he closed his eyes and tightened his grip onto those purple threads he still felt wrapped around his wrists. He owed it to Kai... He HAD to find out more about what's happening. He had to... He had to protect his pack. His eyes shot wide glowing a bright purple as he glared at nothing feeling that horrible clutching feeling that wrapped around his mind from the control that witch had over him. The thing Willow never thought to worry about it all was simple... It was a two-way connection.

"That's it, Virgil. Just like you did with Roman... Let yourself slip into the black." Virgil let out a deep sigh as he sat there on his bed just listening to the ghost of his packmate. "You're not searching for any particular wolf... you're reaching out for the thread that connects you to them all. The spiritual connection you share through the Moon Goddess."

"I'm not feeling anything-..."

"Yes, you do. Think of your connection to your mate." Virgil frowned as he felt Kai shift closer to him. "How your wolves are bonded to each other. That unbreakable tie...  You feel that don't you?" Virgil nodded hearing the smile in his friend's voice. "See... That's a connection you have through the moon goddess. A personal connection that only you two have. Now think about your pack. You have a connection to them as well, Right? You're our alpha after all." Virgil nodded again a small smile slowly forming on his lips as he felt himself melting into all the feelings he was getting through their bonds.

"Technically Roman-..."

"Virgil, you know just as well as he does that he may be an alpha... but YOU are THE alpha. If anything he's more your luna." Virgil laughed as he heard the obvious teasing tone in Kai's voice. "Just as you also know that if you both truly wanted to become one 'complete pack' in bond and not just in word then he would submit to you instantly. You are our alpha... you have a bond to us all. Now..." Virgil hesitated slightly hearing how Kai's voice seemed to go cold... not angry or mean cold but sad and knowing. "Think about what you feel... when you reach out for Colt and me." Virgil flinched as he clenched his fists tightly as he just sat their eyes closed and highly tense. "Feel that connection that you have with us. You MADE that connection. You bonded use to your pack."