18

"A-Are you sure about this, Virgil?" Roman whispered as he carefully tugged his jacket on. It wasn't as if Roman didn't want to go. He wanted to be with Virgil where ever the two went. The issue, other than how Virgil's scent got to him, was the fact that Virgil was going to see his fathers. He just felt that maybe he shouldn't be meeting 'the folk' when he felt like was sweltering from the inside out. He really wanted to take his jacket right off again but as hot as he was the air of chilling and he couldn't really stop shivering.

"If I wasn't I wouldn't have asked, Roman." Virgil frowned seeing Roman lean against the wall with an almost exhausted look. "Are you ok?" Roman's eyes slipped shut slightly as he hugged himself and let out a soft breath. "If you're sick..."

"No." Roman whined slightly before catching himself and fixing his posture with a smile. "I'm ok, Virgil." He was definitely not ok but what was he supposed to tell the other. That his scent was suffocating and as much as he loved it completely and wanted nothing more than to be around him the fact that he just couldn't hold Virgil, mark him, and claim him as his mate was literally making him sick... He couldn't tell Virgil that. He wouldn't understand. Roman didn't even understand. Logan was right about this reaction being overwhelmed. It's even worse because usually a Pairing will bond within the day give or take a few very unexpected circumstances. It's already been several days. To the point where Roman had sent Logan home to be with his mate... and Virgil had asked why Roman was even still there. "I'm ok. I'm just a bit tired."

"You're looking a bit flushed to Roman. Are you sure?" Roman nodded with a sad smile as Virgil just frowned more. "Ok... If you're sure."

"I'm ok. Are you though?" Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roman pushed himself off the wall to get closer. "Thomas told me what had happened with... well, you know." Roman honestly didn't even want to think about the man let alone say the man's name. The very thought of him made his wolf curl with rage. If Virgil hadn't already killed him, Roman would have ripped him apart. And that was just over what he did to his brother and mate... image the rage over what he had done to his mate. He was lucky Roman's gift wasn't over the dead. Let's just say he had a few... 'words' for the man. 

"It's not the first time I've seen them since it all happened."  Yeah, but it was the first time you've brought your mate to see them. Roman frowned as this itch ran down his arms. Virgil didn't even know. No, he did. Thomas said he told him about it all but that Virgil was just highly confused and didn't want to accept it. In a way, that actually hurt Roman. Why wouldn't Virgil want to accept it? Was Roman not good enough... No, stop that. Roman sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. Virgil's been through a lot and on top of that is very new to all of this. Stop being a clingy bitch. You're an alpha, god damn it. Act like it.

"I just worry, that's all." Virgil smiled softly as he flicked Roman's nose lightly, the biting his lip as his wolf lurched at the contact. "We should, uh... um... I don't know. What are we doing again?"

"We're going to see my parents?" Virgil's eyes narrowed in concern as he reached out gently caressing Roman's cheek only to tense up slightly over the heat the other was giving of. Roman whimpered silently as he leaned into the cooling touch. "You're very feverish. Roman, I don't think..."

"I'm fine." Roman just stood there melting into the touch only to snap out of it the moment Virgil pulled away. He frowned as he coughed slightly with nerves and stepped back. "I promise. I'm fine."

"Why don't I believe that?" Roman cringed as Virgil practically examined him up and down with growing concern. "Roman..."

"Virgil, I told you I'm..." Virgil took his head in his hands making Roman freeze up instantly, eyes dilating as Virgil stared him straight in the eyes. "V-Virgil?" The smaller seemed to be searching for something making Roman tense up only to wince feeling this pressure in the back of his mind. Virgil's eyes flashed blue as he grimaced slightly in pain but didn't move away. "Virgil, I'm ok."

"No, something is wrong. I can feel it..." Roman grabbed one of Virgil's wrist with shifted eyes startling the smaller into letting him go and jumping back. Roman just took a breath frowning at the scent in the air before sighing and smiling.

"I'm ok, Virgil. Don't worry about me. We do need to get going though. You told them you'd be there for lunch." Virgil just stood there frozen as Roman quickly walked out of the room leaving him alone with his thoughts. He could feel his wolf itching to get out, to do... something. He wanted to be with Roman. That was the whole reason he had even asked Roman to join him.

 He deflated slightly as he tried to work through his thoughts. One good thing about spending so much time with the man, his scent, according to Thomas anyway, wasn't affecting him like it was before. The room had stopped spinning but it still clouded his thoughts. Whenever he was around Roman all he wanted to do was get closer, to be in his arms... He could hear Roman calling out to him and he chuckled softly as he rolled his eyes. 

"I'm coming." Virgil called back as he grabbed his leather jacket and slipped it on with a smile. He liked wearing this one more often than his hoodie, unless he's home or relaxing, because it was one Remy gave him after the whole thing with Colt. They don't remember him but... Virgil could tell deep down they still loved him. He was their son... even if they didn't have the memories to support that feeling. Virgil spotted Roman by the door and laughed seeing him so dazed and sleepy. "Are you sure you're even going to be able to stay awake?" Roman chuckled as he nodded and opened the door for the other. "Such a gentleman." Virgil teased earning a tired but sassily sink look from the other as he passed.

"Oh, shush." Roman smiled as he let the door slip shut behind them. "You know you love it."