20

"I am sorry in advance." Roman frowned as Virgil giggled slightly, knocking on the door before stuffing his hands into his jean pockets. "10 to 1 it's Remy that answers the door with something super embarrass-..."

"Is that our Virgie wergie..." Virgil's eyes darkened as he slumped slightly with a soft smile.

"Told you." The door opened revealing a taller man in a similar leather jacket, with blacked out shades resting on his head showing just how glossed his hazel gold eyes were. 

"And he brought a datie waitie with him... aw, Emmy, baby, our boy's growing up." Roman paled as Virgil just laughed.

"Can it, Sleep. If I wanted to get embarrassed I would have sent him to Remus." Remy simply smirked as he moved away so the two could walk in. Roman instantly sneezed again as the scent of coffee completely drown everything out. He couldn't help but whine slightly as he rubbed his nose a bit as if trying to clear his sinuses. It didn't work. Virgil just shot him an apologetic look as Remy laughed his ass off. 

"Emile looks like we got another coffee hater."

"No, just the opposite actually." Roman chuckled as he let out a small sigh. "I just wasn't prepared for the uh..." Remy just narrowed his eyes as Roman frowned. "I have heightened senses."

"Oh... So we do have another one then?" Remy's expression turned soft as he frowned as bit his lip in thought. "Well, we do have those lavender plants still but..."

"No more lavender." Virgil whispered catching Roman's attention as he blushed.

"It's fine, Sir. I promise." Roman fixed his poster as he held his hand out with a dazzling smile. "My name is Roman Trebaine." Remy's brow quirked as Roman just kept smiling. "It's very nice to meet you, Sir."

"Roman Trebaine, huh? I thought you looked a bit too much like our trash rat." Roman's smile faltered a bit in confusion as Virgil chuckled.

"They're twins. Roman here is actually from Madson. He's a friend. So be nice... please?" Remy just laughed as he ruffled Virgil's hair and nodded. "Ok. OK! Good. Thank you."

"Let's go sit, kid." Virgil's eyes flashed as Remy yawned slightly. 

"Yeah, lets." Roman noticed the sudden anxious look his mate had as Virgil watched Remy like a hawk the entire time they were heading to the living room. Remy plopped down onto the couch, glasses falling in front of his eyes as he yawned again with a laugh. Virgil just frowned as he hesitantly sat down in the love seat with Roman directly beside him. Remy was just laughing, whine Virgil stared him down... just as Roman did the same to him. both wolves worried for the focus of their gaze.

"You ok, Virgil?" Virgil nodded as he finally tore his eyes away from his father. "You look worried."

"I'm ok. I just know the signs. I guarantee it in less than 5 minutes Remy's asleep." Roman's eyes went wide as he glanced over to see Remy dazing slightly in thought before blinking and snapping his attention back to the other in the room.

"He does look about ready to drop."

"He's narcoleptic." Roman's face paled as Virgil took his hand in his. "And an insomniac. It's the whole reason he drinks so much coffee."

"Talking about me are ya." Remys smirked as he yawned again before shaking his head. "I think I need more coff..."

"Emile, we need a double shot." Remy's eyes shot up as Virgil's voice echoed through the room, stopping the older from getting up who just dropped right back down into the couch with this look in his tired eyes. "There now he knows."

"That's our code... we never told you... You know what, forget it. Thanks, Virgil." Virgil just nodded as he squeezed Roman's hand for support. "Although I wish that actually meant for him to get me some fucking coffee. Anyway, what brought you two here."

"I just wanted to stop by. I was in town. Missed you assholes..." Remy giggled through the exhaustion as he leaned his head against his hand. "Roman was there so I offered to get him out of the house. I thought it might be nice. I haven't seen you all much since graduation."

"Yeah, Emile and I have been working through some things." Virgi's smile fell slightly as Remy just sighed sadly. "We have been having some issues but... we're working through them."

"What issues?"

"Hey now, Kiddo. It's nothing to worry your little head over." Roman's eyes widened seeing a grown-up version of his two packmates merged enter the room with a beaming smile. "Honestly, Remy. Virgil's here for 4 minutes and you already are spilling everything."

"It's..." Emile's eyes darkened seeing Remy's head drop a little before snapping back up in mild shock. "Uh... It's Virgil. You know I can't keep anything from him."

"Can't or won't." Emile smiled sadly as Remy laid his head down as his eyes dulled. 

"Both?" Emile nodded as he watched his husband's eyes slip shut before looking over to see the worry in Virgil's expression. 

"Seriously, It's ok, kiddo." Virgil shook his head clearly panicking as Roman wrapped his arm around him to pull him in. "Remy and I... we were just..." Emile's hand went to his necklace and he frowned as he held it firmly in his fingers. "We were just thinking about adopting."

"What?" Emile nodded softly as he walked over and sat beside the sleeping adult, putting a blanket over him as he fixed his position so he was safe. "You're going to adopted."

"No. We aren't." Virgil frowned as Emile just stared at the floor. "We spoke about it. The two of us... We've both been wanting a child for so long. You know this but... When I mentioned how we were now finally settling down that... That we could start a family... Remy and I both sort of shut down. We decided we weren't going to adopt."

"What do you mean? You've been talking about having a son since before you were even married. There's just no way you..." Virgil clammed up the moment he saw that sad look in his dad's eyes as he fiddled with the necklace. 

"We just... for some reason the two of us agreed neither of us wanted to adopt."