15

Virgil stood there frowning in confusion at the wolf before him. It wasn't like his wolf. No... it was nothing like his wolf. It stood tall, towering over him as Virgil narrowed his eyes. It was a beautiful pure white with red and blue trailing in whisps scattered about in intricate and unique details making Virgil think of the stars and galaxies in the sky. 

"Greetings, my child." Virgil tensed at the immense pressure he felt as it... sorry, she spoke to him. She bowed her head with a slight smile as Virgil nodded unsure what was happening. Just that he was suddenly here with her after all that with Roman. Was he still dreaming? Soft yet powerful laughter echoed the wooded space around him making Virgil's eyes widden in awe. He hadn't even noticed he was outside. What was this place? "So full of light and wonder... Virgil, do you know who I am?"

"No, Ma'am." The wolf's eyes glowed a bright white blinding him momentarily only to reveal a beautiful woman in a regal white gown before him, her black hair falling in wavey curls down her shoulders.

"I suppose that's to be expected. You were born human, I'm afraid." She smiled softly as she held her hand out. "I thought that it would be safer that way. I should have expected trouble to still find you."

"I'm sorry... I am very confused." The woman simply laughed as Virgil took her hand cautiously. "How do you know me?"

"We're related." Virgil froze up, his hand slipping from hers as the lady smiled softly. "Virgil?"

"What... how? I'm sorry... can you repeat that?"

"We're family, Virgil. My name is Serena. I am... the moon goddess." Virgil gulped as Seri, as Virgil is now referring to her as, sighed with a slight laugh. "You seem perplexed."

"Some random dream lady just said we were family AND that she was a goddess in the same breath." Seri shook her head with a smile as Virgil frowned and growled. "I don't even know who you are. You're..."

"Your grandmother." Virgil's eyes went wide as Seri laughed. "Or well, it's hard to explain. Virgil you are a direct desendent to my son Romulus. Not only that your soul..." Virgil tensed as Seri poked him gently in the chest. "...is the exact same as his sons. You are my grandson reincarnated."

"I am just Virgil Dean. I'm human. I'm..."

"An alpha among alphas?" Virgil bit his lip as Seri sighed softly. "I'm not here to make things harder for you my child. I'm here to help."

"Help? You just dropped this... MASSAVE thing on me!" Virgil flinched as he stepped back feeling his anxiety burning though him. "I'm sorry. It's just...Just last year I was only human and now..."

"You've always been Virgil Dean. You've always been an alpha. You can do this." Seri frowned glanced around to see the darkening sky's. It shouldn't have been darkening. It was a mental projection. "Something is coming Virgil. Something bad... someone bad. You need to protect your pack." Virgil clenched his fists as her eyes dropped. "All of it. Use your gifts and protect your family."

"Wait, what are you..." The world vanished leaving Virgil standing there in the dark. "HEY! LADY... WHAT THE FU... GOD DAMN IT!" Virgil growled as he tried to calm himself down. He glanced around only to frown seeing nothing but black. "Well shit. It's like I died..." 

"Not really." Virgil jumped in pure shock seeing the black shift until he was staring at a face he never wanted to see again. His black hair curled black revealing his striking eyes that held for more life than they should have considering. "I know what it's like to die. This isn't it."

"Colt?" The boy smiled softly as Virgil stumbled back. "What... I don't... how... C-Colt?"

"Relax, Virgil. I'm not about to bite your head off..." Virgil flinched as Colt's eyes shifted only to go back to normal as he stuffed his hands into his jean pockets. "I'm serious, Virgil. I'm not here to hurt you."

"Concidering everything that happened..." Virgil inched farther away again as flashes filled his mind. Still Colt didn't move. He didn't leave but he didn't get closer. In fact he made no movement at all. He just stood there letting Virgil get used to his pressence without the possibility of scaring him more. As if he knew, on simple movement would send Virgil spiralling. "You're a monster."

"Are you expecting me to argue?" Virgil frowned as Colt smirked a bit. "I'm not here to fight or defend myself. There's nothing to defend. I'm dead."

"Then what are you here for." Colt frowned as his eyes darted about before eyeing the distance between them. "Colt..."

"I'm here to give you my gift." Virgil's eyes went wide as Colt laughed. "As an alpha you have a gift... your's is the mental connection other wolves... a bridge to them and the goddess." Colt rolled his eyes as he groaned. "To think I was killed by her descendent, talk about karma."

"H-How do you..."

"I'm dead, Virgil. The moment my soul went to her it's like opening a can of worms... the knowlege just came. I... understand now. And I'm trying to make amends..."

"I don't want your gift." Virgil growled as Colt hesitantly took a step forward making Virgil tense in defense. Colt held his hands up and smiled sadly. "I don't even know what that it."

"I could... Well, I was supposed to able to access the minds of our kind. Telepathic comunication with everyone... and more." Colt's eyes darkened as he looked away. "I only ever used it to hurt Dee and Remus. But you can use it so much better... You need it, Virgil." Colt got closer making VIrgil start to panic.

"Not from you." Colt frowned even more as he risked it taking another step. Virgil whimpered as he threw his arms up. "I DON'T WANT HELP FROM YOU!"

"I'm sorry Virgil." Virgil's eyes snapped up as Colt held his wrists gently. "I understand. I am a bad person. What I did... was horrendous. You don't have to accept my help... but please take my gift. You need it with what is coming. Despite all the darkened that over came me... I am still an alpha." Virgil's eyes went wide seeing the dark blue glow in the boys eyes. Weren't they black before? "I am an alpha and they were my pack... you... you were my pack, regardless of how... fucked I went about it. I cared about all of you. I just... I don't know." Colt smiled awkwardly as Virgil just stared at him in confusion. "I'm not asking for forgiveness. I'm not asking for you to forget. I'm asking that you let me help my pack... properly for once. Like a real alpha should... Like I should have."

"Colt?" Colt chuckled slightly as he let out a soft breath. Virgil was frozen stiff as Colt took his head in his hands. "C-Col..."

"I'm sorry about this." Colt's eyes shifted completely revealing striking blue eyes that lit up like the sun shining on water. "Good thing though... I'm already dead so... Roman can't kill me again."

"What are you..." Virgil's eyes went imposibly wide as Colt kissed him softly. There was this explosion of energy swirling around them until Colt pulled away with plain eyes again. Virgil's eyes swirling blue and purple before setting back into his lavender color.

"Don't die, Virgil. Don't let ANY of them die. I don't wanna be seeing you again." Virgil nodded far to stunned to say or think a damn thing. Colt just laughed as he stepped back. "One  thing I'll say though, Virgil... Thank you."

"For what?" Colt just shrugged as he spun around and started to fade. "Colt, for what?"

"For killing me. The darkness... it's gone."